Chapter Fifteen

As Charlotte went over back home, she saw how Evelyn approached her. Evelyn was concerned for Charlotte and for herself as well. Evelyn smiled at her knowing Rafe wasn't happy with Charlotte and Danny being together. Evelyn Hugged Charlotte and she wilted into his arms tearing up.

"I'm happy he's home, but I just don't get him Ev." Charlotte cried.

Evelyn knew that Rafe was always stubborn and a bit protective. But when it came to Danny it was the same. She didn't understand why he could be happy for them.

"I think he's scared of one of you getting hurt." Evelyn said, "With the war especially."

Evelyn was really the perfect person for Charlotte to talk to about this stuff, since Evelyn really understood her. Charlotte just cried as Evelyn hugged her telling her that everything was going to be fine.

"Talk to Danny in the morning, I know Danny loves and adores you Charlotte." Evelyn stated "And then try to talk to Rafe, or I will for you."

"Thanks." Charlotte weeped.

"You know I consider you a little sister darling." Evelyn said, "Always."

"Right back at you Ev."

Charlotte hugged Evelyn one last time before saying goodnight. Evelyn then kissed her forehead and wished her sweet dreams like she was a little kid all over again. Evelyn was really someone that she could confide in since she didn't have any girls in her life to talk to. She was glad to talk to evelyn. Charlotte crawled into bed and Evelyn was in the bed next to hers.

"Ev?"

"Yes."

"Thank you."

"Anytime."