Chapter Eight

Danny and the fellow Lieutenants we're fixing the engines in their planes and practicing gun shooting. Red missed a few times, and so did Tony. Gooz and Billy made perfect shots while Danny kept giving them tips.

"Nice one Gooz."

Danny was about to make his next shot until Gooz approached him.

"We've got a visitor." Gooz claimed

"Must be a nurse or Earl?" Danny replied

"Nope." Billy stayed as he looked closer, it was a girl in a flowy red dress, "Danny, it's Charlotte."

Danny immediately ducked and freaked out mumbling "Jesus" under his breath.

"Are you alright Danny?" Red asked

"Yeah I'm great....no...I think I'm falling for her."

"That's your best friends sister!" Gooz stated

"Hey he's been taking care of her so he's a good friend." Red stated

"I saw this coming." Billy followed up.

"This has been on me for a while, I just never said anything to Rafe I can't really help it."

"So you're over Evelyn."

"I've been over Evelyn ever since she started dating Rafe, Evelyn was just a crush. Charlotte...shes....the one, it kind of just happened I can't help it."

Red was happy for his friend, but red didn't understand, after all these years why didn't he just tell her.

"Hey Danny." Charlotte said as she approached them all the men went off "Whats going on with Gooz."

"He's just being Gooz."

"He doesn't have to leave."

"No. What are you doing here?"

"I'm just coming to talk to you, about something. I just felt like everybody's acting strange."

"I can agree with that." Danny smiled as Charlotte bit her lip. Charlotte then mentioned how the girls thought something was going on between them and they both laughed.

"Alright I gotta go. So I'll see you later."

Charlotte walked away until Danny mumbled to himself.

"Shit." He mumbled "Charlotte! Have you ever seen Pearl Harbor at sunset?"

"Of course."

"Well...from the air?" He smiled and she smiled back.