Chapter Three

While at the club, the next day, Charlotte literally watched Rafe and Evelyn all over each other all night, her and Danny sat next to each other both disgusted, neither one of them said a word to each other all night. She kept trying to talk to him with small talk, but was constantly quiet. But She was too. They always had something in common, they both were always under Rafes shadow and were unsure of ourselves. Especially when Rafe has always been the center of attention.

"You'll be in Hawaii I hope Danny."

He nodded.

"Me too."

He seemed a little off, But Charlotte couldn't figure it out.

"Danny, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Are you sure?"

He nodded and then shook his head, She knew something wasn't right They have been friends for the longest time. He then mentioned to her about the exams and how he wanted Evelyn to exam him, because he told Rafe that he thought she was beautiful. She felt bad, because Charlotte knew that with that situation, it was high school all over again, every girl Danny liked, Rafe ended up having.  And of course Charlotte understood, because most of Rafes girlfriends were her friends.

"I'm sorry, I know how you feel."

But later, they got to talk all night, it was just great. As soon as Rafe and Evelyn left, they went to the Dancefloor just to talk. And it was a great conversation. They talked about how Rafe was being sent to England, something that Charlotte didn't know about. She knew it was gonna happen eventually, because Rafe is one of the most skilled pilots in the military.

"When is he leaving?"

"Tomorrow."

"And he didn't even bother, he'd rather be with a girl he met a few weeks ago."

Charlotte was hurt, she didn't know how to feel. But she understood Danny as well.