"It's probably one of the staff with food," Jin noted. Though they were on break, meaning no cameras and no work (technically, though everyone knew BTS tended to work even on off-days), Bighit protected the privacy of their artists wholeheartedly. This meant that anytime BTS ordered food, one of various staff would handle the exchange, rather than risk some crazy fan knowing their address and invading under the guise of food delivery.

"Ah, then I'll help," Hyunsik offered, knowing the sheer amount of food to feed thirteen people, not to mention hungry people, would be a bit much to carry. 

"Oh, you really don't have to do that, Hyunsik-ssi," Nana waved him off politely. "What kind of hosts would we be to let guests do the work?" 

"It's really nothing, I have more than enough practice carrying food," Hyungsik insisted humorously.

Eyes narrowed, Jimin looked at him, and then rose himself. Patting Hyungsik on the back, he joked, "I mean, if you really want to, we won't stop you. I'll come with, though, and lend another pair of hands." With that, he walked up to join Nana, and the two headed towards the front door, Hyungsik a few steps behind them.

Everyone else shrugged it off, and waited eagerly for their fried chicken and beer, a classic well-loved among all of them. 

Minutes later, the trio arrived with a victorious cheer as they held up the many bags in their hands. 

As the sun began to dip lower and they gradually turned darker, the merged groups bonded over their experiences in the entertainment industry and their love of one Kim Taehyung, who had the incredible idea of bringing them all together. Contacts were exchanged, friendships were made, and most importantly, Tae got his way. 

Jimin still had his reservations, though, and became even clingier after the actors parted ways, which no one minded.

~

"You know, Minnie, we can still be friends with other people, right? And still be us afterwards?" Nana pointed at him with her ice-cream spoon, which she then used to promptly dig out some more cookies and cream from the small tub in her hand. 

He pouted from his place curled up between-and-also-sort-of-on-top-of Taehyung and Jin. "It's not the same, though."

BTS was used to this. In fact, they all dealt with it themselves to some degree. The fear that they'd be somehow replaced in the other members' lives. It was ridiculous, yes, but a fear nonetheless. Jimin just had a habit of verbalizing it more often. 

"Min-min," Tae frowned, "you know I'd never replace you. Any of you. No matter how well I get along with others, you guys are my family. Nothing could ever split us apart."

Sniffing slightly, Jimin turned his head into Tae's tummy to hide his moistening eyes. "Promise?" came his muffled voice.

Giggling a little, Tae affirmed, "promise." His long fingers ran their way soothingly through the boy's soft hair. 

Shifting a little, Jimin managed to free the arm pinned under him to raise a pinkie. Wordlessly, Taehyung used his other hand to twist his own pinkie around the raised one in a binding vow (the most solemn one in existence).

Out of the blue, Yoongi interrupted, "yah, Kim Taehyung, speaking of your friends, don't think we didn't notice what you were doing with Park Hyungsik and our maknae, here."

Nana's head dropped onto the arm of the sofa, where she hoped someone, somewhere, would take her away from this. 

"I should've never answered that interview question," she muttered to herself.

Apparently not quietly enough, as Jungkook leaned over and whispered, "I feel the same way, bro. The same way."

~~~

ayo back from the dead. i honestly really liked this chapter, although that might have to do with the fact that it's currently 4:30 in the morning and i'm extremely tired. i'm sorry if you wanted me to do more in-depth character interactions, but i felt like that was a bit too much for one chapter, though now that they've been introduced, it would be easier to do in the future. 

i added a few references, both to this book's background info and to real-life stuff. like, for example, Nana's "crush" on Park Hyungsik, which i have now decided is going to be an "ideal-type" situation. (you know how JK answered that ideal-type question with IU, and no one lets him live it down? like that, but with Nana and Hyungsik.) 

also, even though i'm not too sure on the timeline myself, i thought a good way to wrap up the chapter was with a pinkie-promise, a BIG reference to Jimin's song (duh lol) i sort of want this to be before he released the song, but i'm not sure how that would fit in with the timeline(?) although, to be fair, this is a made up book and time has no effect here and also i can do whatever i want so...

anyway, thank you all for reading, i love each and every one of you very dearly 🥰❤️

p.s. what do you guys think about all this melanie drama? personally, i never like it when someone tries to take credit, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the boys. like, c'mon, is it that hard to just respect other people? they're like the equivalent of the kids that make the title slide and 'thanks" slide in a presentation and then claim all of the work in a group project. colonizers lmao