reese

pov: Patrick Jane
Something rang. It rang, and rang, and rang. It took me a while to realize it wasn't part of my dream but instead my phone - Lisbon was calling. Still half asleep I grabbed my phone, "Mh, Lisbon, what's up?" "We've got a case, Jane, I'll send you the address", "Sure, er, already on my way", I mumbled, suppressing a jawn. Drowsy I got out of bed, putting on my three-piece suit and driving to the crime scene a bit after.

-

pov: Teresa Lisbon
Jane arrived at the crime scene in his baby blue Citroen and greeted me and the team friendly. "Good morning, good to see you Lisbon!".
When I started to explain the case, Jane listened carefully, studying the victim and the place we found her.
The scene was actually really beautiful. Not that the reason we were there was also a good one, but the place really had something magical. It was outside in nature, the trees glowed green in the sunlight. The grass was full and still a bit wet from the frost. The place radiated something calm and relaxing, I really felt strangely secure and comfortable.
"Anything found out yet?", Van Pelt disrupted my daydream. "Actually yes, she-", my ringing phone interrupted Jane - It was Jimmy. "Sorry, just a second, it's my brother James", I excused myself and turned a bit away from Jane and the team. "Hey Reese", my brother began, „Sorry Jimmy, right now is really not the right time. We have a case and I am at work, can I call you back la-",
"Reese. Tommy had a car crash."
His words hit me like a truck. No. Tommy had a car crash. No, that couldn't be. I felt how my knees got weak, tears streamed into my eyes. Not Tommy, no! "Is everything okay, Lisbon?", the voice of Jane got dull to my ear. I turned slowly, surprised by the fact I was still able to move. "He is in a coma", Jimmy's words got to my ear. That was the turning point. I lost control over my body. I felt my phone slipping out of my hand, my body gave in. Everything went black and I could only hear the word "Reese" echoing in my head.

-

pov: Patrick Jane
"Is everything okay Lisbon?", I asked worriedly. I could tell something was definitely not okay. Lisbon turned slowly back to me again, all the color of her face was gone, her hands and knees shook uncontrollably. I saw that she wanted to say something, but she couldn't. A tear ran down her cheek before her tense facial expression shifted to an emotionless, empty look. Lisbon's phone fell out of her hand, and like it was in slow-motion, Lisbon also began to fall. Her tense body lost all its strength and she collapsed weakly in my arms.

-

Carefully, I stroke over Lisbon's hair. She looked so relaxed, calm, and peaceful. But the passing event had shown me otherwise. It broke my heart knowing that she wasn't just peacefully sleeping but instead had just collapsed in front of my eyes. After a while, I realized that Lisbon seemed to wake up. She blinked and moved slowly. "Shh, I'm here, everything is okay", I assured her. "What happened?", she asked quietly, still a little sleepy. "You fainted. We brought you to the hospital, directly after I caught you", I explained, emphasizing the last few words."I told you I'm a gentleman", "Oh shut up", Lisbon grinned weakly. Even in this situation, she could still be authoritarian.

With a knock, the doctor entered our room. Lisbon sat a bit up in her bed, I continued to stroke her arm. "Teresa Lisbon. I am glad you are awake. As you might already have heard you collapsed. The reason for your breakdown is the big shock you suffered from", he explained, "and also massive stress", the doctor added with a slightly reproachful look. "You will be fine soon, and able to go home at the end of the day". Lisbon nodded. "But I recommend you to take a break and relax for a bit. Your level of stress is seriously high, this will affect your mental and physical health, if you don't do anything against it.", the doctor explained. "I can give you the number of one of our therapists, to help you cope with the stress", Lisbon nodded again, "Thank you, doctor, I will try my best", Lisbon said, taking the card from the doctor a little unwilling. "Have a good day Misses Lisbon, one of my nurses will come later to discharge you", with these words the doctor left the room.
Lisbon looked at me, the little smile on her lips began to fade. "What is going on Lisbon? Tell me. You don't have to fear or deny your emotions", I said, looking in her green, dull eyes. She shook her head.

-

pov: Teresa Lisbon
I didn't want to admit the pain and the sadness I felt, especially not to Jane. I sighed. "It's nothing, I am just so scared about my brother", I admitted with a dry mouth. Jane nodded, "I understand, Lisbon, but this is nothing you have to be ashamed of", Jane put it in a nutshell. I didn't want to seem weak and fragile. I was a strong woman and pain shouldn't bother me. "I know", I sighed. "If you need someone to talk, I am here", Jane assured me. "Thank you, Jane", I tried my best to show a little smile. I felt uncomfortable being so vulnerable and readable to Jane. "I need to visit my brother", I resolved, trying to get out of bed. "No, no, no Lisbon! Stay in bed and rest a bit", Jane said while pushing me gently back in the sheets. "You need the sleep and your brother needs an awake, powerful sister, not a still asleep, unsettled Lisbon", Jane said, causing me to sigh. I was too weak to resist and snuggled myself under the bed covers again. "Sleep a bit, I will stay here", Jane stated. "Please don't, I don't want my consultant to sit beside me like a babysitter", I joked, although I actually didn't really felt like joking. "Please, leave me alone, you have better things to do." "I assure you I don't, but if you want me to leave, I will", Jane said, standing up from his chair. "Call me if you need me. Goodbye Lisbon, get well soon" "Goodbye Jane", I said with a thanking look, before Jane left the hospital room.

-

pov: Patrick Jane
I knew Lisbon was hiding something. The shocking news of the car crash wasn't the only thing making Lisbon having a meltdown. It reached much further, but I didn't want to overwhelm her in this already terrible situation. It was hard for me to leave Lisbon alone, but I accepted her choice and decided to drive back to the CBI.