chapter 7 : Apple of discord.

This was the moment ! A adrienette kiss , alya was surely cheering from behind. Adrien puckered his lips , ready to touch marinette's , but .......alas ! Marinette sadly quickly turned her face in a other direction , avoiding eye-contact , she put her hand in front of adrien's lips , preventing him to kiss her. Adrien's the pupils dilated and his eyes were widened by the fact that she stopped him. His warm lips were on her hand. She turned away , completely numb and shaking . Alya seeing this scenario , was completely shocked , chloe stood there unbothered.

"Noooo .....! Uh umm i mean yes ! No ...... i mean i am not ready for it yet......i mean i am sorry , thi-this was just too quick for me ! ", marinette started giving reasons , she turned her face in the opposite direction towards adrien , thats it ! She could not face him , at all ! Her face with an expression of losing hope . In every direction she was pressured, she could not just get her thoughts straight , was this she wanted ? Wasn't this she always desired for ! Adrien agreste kissing her, many a times she dreamed him , she collected his posters and drew hearts on them , wasn't it marinette ? the girl who always used to drool when adrien came ! Wasn't it marinette ?who stuttered in front of him , the girl who couldn't get her sentences right in front of him , even if the slightest touch or moment made her heart flutter ! What happened now ? What happened to that girl ? Why does it seem like she has given up on him , she lost hope , all the hints she gave him , of her mere crush on him , just faded away as a childish memory . Marinette somewhere in heart knew ......Even if she kissed him now , that would mean nothing .....for her , she knew kagami liked adrien , and for a fact , in long run , maybe adrien would fall for kagami . All her efforts were proved to be futile !

"It's ok marinette , take your time ! We can redo it again" , adrien said with a warm smile , putting his hand over marinette's shoulder. A sudden chill went down her spine.

"Yes ! Marinette , you should've told us you were nervous , it is fine ! Nino , start the count ! Lets redo this scene again ! Gurl .....take your time !", Alya said , her best friend was always there by her side . But Marinette just stood there. Firm . A feeling of melancholy was surely seen on her face.

"Uh ....no ! Please don't mind , i am not perfect for this role ! I don't think i can pull it off, maybe take another girl ! Please ........now if you excuse me" , marinette said , broken , with utter tears in her eyes , held , not poured yet , waiting to come out and let her grimace. Saying this , she quickly ran . Leaving her friends and adrien behind , in confusion. Her both hands on her eyes, she ran away , her bag flinging behind . Adrien stood there.....

"Marinette .....wait ........" , he shouted, she kept running , he could not follow her more , she ran into the girl's restroom. The other students stood there in silence , murmuring their thoughts to each other. Coral stood there , completely confused . Alya was also confused this time . And adrien's face - full of sadness , and disappoinment in himself . Feeling of rejection felt over him. No one could say a word.

******

"Marinette ?!?! What was that for ? Don't you like adrien ? How can you back - off now ? You should have told before you didn't wanted to play the role of helen . You know how upset your friends will be ?!" , tikki said furiously , marinette sitting on the toilet seat was totally scared and confused on what will happen next !

 You know how upset your friends will be ?!" , tikki said furiously , marinette sitting on the toilet seat was totally scared and confused on what will happen next !