It's Not Heaven, But It's Year Seven!

Mum came and got me at 11:30 the next morning. I was the last one to leave, as per usual. Mum didn't say anything to me.

'Aren't you going to ask me how the party went?' I asked.

'Nope,' said mum. 'But I will ask you this. Did you tell your friends that your father wasn't actually your father? That he was your former day carer?!'

I couldn't help but laugh.

'Belle, this is no funny business. Do you know how upset your father is?' asked mum. She pulled up in our driveway. 'You have got some explaining to do.'

I dropped my bags in the hallway, and was forced to sit on the couch. Everyone was sitting on the opposite couch.

'H-hi everyone,' I said.

'Just listen,' said dad. 'Do you know how embarrassed I was last night? Telling your friends I was your former day carer? I felt ashamed. I felt like you didn't want me as your dad. If that's true, then I guess I'll just leave.'

'No dad, don't,' I said.

'Well then you better undo your wrongs,' said mum.

'Like deliberately spilling wine all over me,' said Ashton. 'Telling my friends I was in dad's 1984 school formal tuxedo was the most humiliating moment of my life.'

'You're always moody and snobby. I can't tease you anymore. I know that's not a good thing, but it's normal for us. Now it's the other way around. And it's not joking comments like mine. Some of the comments actually hurt me,' said Audrey. My comments hurt Audrey? 'And destroying my room went too far. And you still haven't cleaned it up yet!

'You still haven't signed my cast,' said Skye holding up her casted arm. 'You're not the same. You never play dolls with me anymore. I miss it. You're not acting like my big sister anymore.'

I started to tear up. My whole family was looking at me. I needed to say something, and urgently.

'I'm sorry,' I said through sobs. 'I don't know what's happened to me. Sophie and Tash have transformed me. But that's not nearly enough to blame it on. I've done most of the damage. I'm going to repair our relationships. All of us.'

I got up and walked into my room, and threw out all my clothes. Literally threw them all out. All the new, tight, skanky clothes I'd bought by myself and with Tash and Sophie. Even my favourite black sequin top. I rummaged to the back of my wardrobe and hung up all my old clothes.

I ran into the bathroom, and took off all of my makeup. I looked much better, and felt much better. My face didn't feel all tight. Now I had to fix real problems.

***

Skye was asleep on her bed, so I decided not to wake her. I grabbed a black felt tip pen, and signed my name, and left a note on her pillow.

Skye,

I don't know why I didn't sign your cast,

Because my love for you will always last.

Love Belle

I found Ashton's suit hanging wet, stained and unwashed in the laundry sink. After I had cleaned his suit and hung it in his wardrobe, I placed his note inside his suit.

Ashton,

I never knew a suit could mean so much to you,

But then I realised that I love you.

Love Belle

I went into Audrey's room. It still wasn't cleaned. So I got to work. After her room was spotless, the note I left her balanced on her pillow