It's Not Heaven, But It's Year Seven!

The bell had just gone, which put an end to English, thank god. It was home time now. I'd forgotten to bring some clothes to change into, so I looked pretty stupid. I waited by our lockers for Tash and Sophie to go get changed. I spoke to Lori.

'So are you coming?' asked Lori.

'N-no, I'm really sorry,' I said. 'I've got something else on.'

'Ready to go shopping, Belle?' asked Tash and whisked me away.

'Yeah, okay,' said Lori, and walked off with Caroline and the boys.

Tash was wearing purple denim shorts with a tight white singlet top. Sophie had on a lime green flowing dress. They both looked perfect. I looked like I'd been picked out of a dumpster.

'C'mon, the bus leaves at 3:38 from the post office! Let's go!' said Sophie.

We sprinted down the main street, and didn't have time to rest as we got to the station, because the bus pulled up right in front of us. We clambered on. Tash and Sophie sat next to each other, and I sat behind them. I looked around, to see who was on the bus.

There was a lady with four young children harassing her and screaming at her. She looked about twenty-five. A few seats down from us was an old woman talking French into a mobile. Looks like crazy people catch the bus...

'How much money did you bring, Belle?' asked Sophie.

I searched through my school bag. 'Twenty-one dollars and forty-five cents.'

'Is that all?' asked Tash. 'Don't worry; we've got gazillions in the bank.'

'Not really,' laughed Sophie. 'We've got one hundred dollars each on us now, but if we run out, I'm sure my father won't mind if I borrow some money.'

The bus stopped at Poison Street, and the girl with four kids got off. 'Galaxia, Montreal, Zeppelin, Husk, quick quick!' she said. Seems like she was brain dead when she chose those names.

Finally the bus pulled up at Fickle Square, and we got off.

'Is anyone hungry? I'm starving. Let's go to a food court,' said Tash. So that's what we did. We went to a quaint little cafe, called "Fine Foods on Fickle". Sophie got a slice of zucchini frittata, Tash got a chicken and avocado focaccia and I got a sausage roll, with sauce I may add. I like my sausage rolls. Why would you have vegetables when there is good quality meat provided?!

'You know Belle, if you want to become a good gymnast like us, first thing is first. Learn to eat properly,' said Sophie.

I never really said I wanted to be a gymnast, but whatever.

We paid the bill, and my sausage roll was $6.50! That was pretty much a third of my money already gone, and I haven't even tried on any clothes yet!

'Right, let's get into it!' smiled Tash. 'I want to go to Ruffles and Truffles; it's next to the bookstore.'

We went to Ruffles and Truffles. Music was pumping out of the shop. Tash and Sophie scanned racks of clothes, while I stood their hopelessly. I've never really liked going shopping. Ever.

'C'mon, Belle! Don't just stand there!' said Sophie. 'Here, I think this outfit would look great on you!' She held up a white muffin top, with ruffles around the collar, and a pair of blue jeans. Nuh uh, not for me.

'Um, I'm not sure that would look good on me,' I said.

'You'll never know unless you try it!' said Sophie.

So, I tried it on, reluctantly. Muffin tops do not go well on me, especially when I have more rolls than the Glenhaven Bakery.

'Yes, you're right,' said Tash. 'Not good.'