"And You Didn't Think to Tell Anyone?!"

=Annabeth=

Annabeth was dying.

No, this is not a metaphor. She was actually dying, Annabeth was sure of it.

The problem was, she couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. Or how to fix it.

Annabeth didn't want to tell Bruce or Tony, because the truth was, she didn't really trust them. Someone kidnaps you and asks you personal questions and they just expect you to trust them fully and completely? Not a chance.

She woke up from the dream, and glanced at the clock. 12:00 am? The power must've gone out last night.

"Um......random voice in the wall?" Annabeth asked tentatively.

"I am Friday, Tony's assistant. I help everyone out at the Tower," Friday said automatically. "How may I be of assistance, Miss Chase?"

"Call me Annabeth." Annabeth tried sitting up, but she felt like she weighed a thousand pounds. "What time is it?"

"It is 3:09 pm," Friday said. "Would you like me to inform Mr. Stark that you are awake?"

"That won't be necessary," Annabeth decided. "Hey, um, can you check my vitals? Can you do that?"

"Yes I can, Annabeth. Your heart rate is at an alarming pace of 123 beats per minute. Your temperature is at 96.4 degrees Fahrenheit, and blood pressure at 120/80. Your respiratory rate is at 15 breaths per minute. No broken bones, there is a slight sprain on your ankle but you should be able to walk just fine. I recommend you get your ankle checked by Dr. Banner. Everything seems to be normal, although I also recommend you eat and drink something. There also seems to be a odd ache near your left hand," Friday reported.

"Where did the ache come from?" Annabeth asked.

"I'm not quite sure," the AI replied honestly. "Do you want me to contact Dr. Ban-"

"No!" she said suddenly. "Don't call Bruce. Please."

"Okay." Annabeth glanced at her left hand where the ache was. There was a weird black thing spreading on her fingers, starting with the tip. It was only a matter of time before it ate up her whole hand, then her arm. Annabeth sat in silence for a few more minutes before deciding to get up.

"Okay, nice and steady," she muttered as she braced herself using the bed and the small table next to it. "That's it." She trudged slowly to the door and opened it, poking her head out and accidentally headbutting a very surprised Clint.

"Whoa, holy-," he said. "Stark wanted me to go check on you. According to Lover Boy, you don't usually sleep in this late."

Annabeth blushed at the name. "I'm fine. I was actually going to go downstairs right now." She let go of the doorframe and almost fell face-first onto the floor.

Luckily, Clint had good eyes and good reflexes.

"Okay, I don't need another person in the med bay." Clint propped her up against the doorframe.

"Thanks." Annabeth sighed out of relief. "Wait, another?"

=Percy=