"I'm your best friend right? You tell me everything?" Luke asks.

"Of course," I reply on instinct, not realizing it was most likely a lie.

"I just need to hear it one more time so I can move on," Luke says looking at me.

"Hear what?" I ask, the alcohol making me foggy.

"That you will never return the feelings I feel for you. Just tell me straight." Luke begs.

"I'm sorry Luke, it won't ever happen. I like Aiden." I admit sadly.

"I know." Luke sighs.

"You know?" I ask.

"Emilia, I don't know if you remember but I've been your best friend for a long time. Long before I admitted my feelings and they got in the way. I know you better than anyone, I knew you had feelings for him probably before you even did." Luke smiles a sincere smile that made my heart explode. 

"I love you Lukas." I smile, wrapping my arms around him.

"I love you too Emilia," Luke smiles in response and for the first time since he admitted his feelings for me, I felt like maybe he loved me just the way I loved him. As friends - no - as best friends.

We sit for a while hugging before Luke stands up; "I'm going to go find Dale and Charlie so he can get you girls home, wait here okay?"

I nod at him, starting to feel extremely tired, yet another side effect from the excessive amount of alcohol I had consumed in the past few hours.

Almost as soon as Luke leaves, a guy approaches me. I wonder if he had been waiting for Luke to leave.

"Hey babe, wanna give me a private show like you did for Black?" he asks smirking.

My heart pounds erratically and even the alcohol doesn't reduce how uncomfortable I was feeling.

"No thank you," I reply nervously.

"That's a shame," he smirks as he walks away.

A huge wave of relief washes over me when he walks away, but it's short-lived because not even 3 minutes later another boy I recognize from Luke's team runs over to me.

"Emily, come quick. It's Charlie, a guy tried to take advantage of her and she needs you." The boy pants. I don't know what it was that made me do it, but I instantly follow him up to one of the furthest rooms away from the party.

I should have recognized the dishonesty in his voice, maybe it was because I was still very drunk that I couldn't detect it, but as soon as he points to a room I run in looking for Charlie, only to hear the door close and see the same guy that asked me for a dance earlier smirking at me.

SEXUAL ASSAULT START

"Where's Charlie?" I ask stupidly, sobering up extensively at the situation I've found myself in too many times.

"With Taylor and your other friend probably." The creepy guy smirks.

My heart calms down a little knowing that Charlie was fine, but now I knew she was okay, I had other things to worry about.

"I'm just going to go," I say uncomfortably, attempting to make it to the door but not being surprised in the slightest when I'm unable to make it, and not because the alcohol made it extremely difficult to walk in these heels.

"So just out of curiosity, who's girl are you? There's Black, Taylor, Clarke and that other guy you're always with.

I don't say anything, my heart pounding nervously. I assume that Clarke was Ryan's last name but I wasn't entirely sure.