sixteen

I looked outside the window, wanting to roll down it and get some air. The car filled in with silence, which Yunho cannot take it.

"We're going to the hangout place, you okay with that?" I didn't bother to look at him and just hummed in response.

"We're here."

I unfastened my seatbelt and opened the door to get out of the car.

"Let's sit somewhere quiet, so we can talk about it."

I just nodded my head slowly and followed him. He saw a perfect spot for view, facing the city buildings that are shining caused by its lights. Up above us, the sun started to set. We sat there and looked for the buildings for a while.

"It's been so long that we went here."

I looked at him and saw his eyes glistering at the sight of the buildings, "You, guys, really like here."

We sat there in silence as Yunho break it, "Don't hold it in."

Great, and now I am in the verge of tears.

"W-what? I'm not holding something." I stammered, looking up, not wanting the tears to fall down.

"Hypocrite, much?" He said, making me look at him. "I heard you gave advice to Seonghwa the other day. You said like 'You know...crying does not make you look weak. You can't just bottle up your emotions until it let you affect you.' Like that."

He mimicked my voice, making me smile a bit, "You still remember that? I didn't even remember that whole statement."

"There, you need to smile more, it suits you more. Jongho is right, you're fragile, we need to protect you." Jongho?

"You cried so much before yet you still try to hold it in." He added.

"Did Jongho said that? Wow, really?" I said. "I don't even know why am I holding it in. Maybe for a change?"

"Change, my ass." He joked. "Would you mind telling me how you feel? I'm your friend for goodness sake."

"Well...I don't know."

"I realize... don't force yourself if you don't want to say it."

"No no. I'll say it. I just need a moment. I'm making a speech on my mind."

He rolled his eyes jokingly, "Wow." He looked at me.

"I'm kidding. I'll wait."

I clasped my hands together, "So, first of all..."

"Is it necessary to do that?" He asked pointing to my hands, making me glare at him. As soon as I glared at him, he gave me a smile sheepishly.

"I got hurt. A rare feeling of mine. The feeling that I got three times in no more than five months, you believe that?" I felt a tear coming down on my cheeks. "I'm such a crybaby."

He shook his head, "No, no. You are a person too. You're not a weak person when you cry, didn't you said that before?"

"Yeah, I'm a hypocrite. I know." I looked down and he sighed.

"You know what? Let's just gaze at this beautiful view to ease your pain you are feeling, okay?"

I smiled at him and looked at the wonderful view in front of me.

Oh how I wish I can smile all the time.

~~~

I am at my school today, slumped at my desk, looking outside the window, and waiting for Mrs. Han for the footage. I am blasting a ballad song on my earphones, avoiding my classmates stares and loud talks about me.