Hatred Is Between Us

Kade POV

My breath hitched in my throat as I looked at Chris...

I bit my lip as I took him in. My eyes were feasting upon him. He was dressed in a white dress shirt that was covered by a black button up vest and a suit jacket that covered his tatted arms. And a neatly done tie that was tucked under the vest. His hands were covered with black leather gloves. I looked down and saw that he was in tightly fitted dress pants that was hugging in all of right places (if ya know what I mean ;D). He hair was straighten perfectly but was slightly tousled. His eyes had black paint surrounding them and had a hint of purple eyeshadow. His eyebrows were drawn on carefully and had little ticks at the end.

I had never noticed how hot Chris was. I never actually looked at him before until now and he's just..just gorgeous...why does he have to be an asshole????

Chris silently scanned the room, looking at everyone before settling on me. Our eyes met and he arched a drawn on eyebrow. He pursed his lips and silently studied me. I really wished I knew what he was thinking in this moment. The room was deadly quiet and it occurred to me that no one so much as dared to take a breath without Chris's consent. I really did underestimate him. I didn't feel guilty though. I don't care how attractive he is, he's still a pussy to me.

But my god he was attractive.

"Interesting" Chris finally spoke after what seemed like an eternity. His response left me a little confused but I really didn't linger on it. Chris gracefully walked to the head of the table and sat down. I looked at everyone who were looking at everything that wasn't Chris or me. It was just a little awkward. I could practically see it swarming in a little black cloud, encircling all of us. I looked down at my empty black plate, feeling my cheeks heat up. This was really getting intense and I was starting to regret staying for dinner.

"So..care to explain the lost child sitting at my table?" Chris asked as he toyed with a knife that was sitting next to him. He had it pressed up against his index finger and was rolling it around on the table. Austin cleared his throat. He was gonna tell the story since I obviously wasn't gonna say a word. I couldnt even look up from my plate but I could feel him staring holes right through me. Burning gaping holes.

"I'll save you the details. But Oli was making..forceful sexual advances on Kade and Ben was beaten and unconscious on the ground on Perry" I was thankful he didn't use the term rape because it just makes me cringe. I hated that term.

"Is that so?" Chris said, a little too intrigued for my liking but what could I do? He hates my guts. Which is okay because I hate him as well.

"Yes" Austin said simply. He was the only one who didn't seem nervous. Well he's known Chris for 20 years so there's bound to be a close relationship.

"Seems like Oliver doesn't understand rules or boundaries. After dinner we'll pay him a little visit...speaking of. Can we eat? I've had one hell of a day and I have a feeling its not going to get better" The way he spoke...was so elegant yet it wasn't...it was the type of words and voice you would want to listen to over and over.

We all filled our plates with food and Ghost went around filling our glasses with wine. Once he was seated, we began to eat. I took a few bites and it was actually really delicious but I honestly did not wanna eat with Chris. I didn't want to do anything with Chris around. His very presence was intimidating.

Dinner was very silent and awkward. I toyed with the food on my plate, not even daring to look at Chris.

"What's the damage to Ben?" Chris asked, breaking the intense silence.

"Few cracked ribs...a concussion. He'll live though" Angelo answered him quietly.

"Shame. If only he had died" Chris sighed, sounding genuinely upset that Ben was alive...that sick bastard. I looked up from my food and I stared at him, my eyes narrowed and my teeth grounded together. Was he really that heartless??? Ben is a sweetheart and I doubt he's ever done anything to Chris!!