The Part That Hurts The Most

Kade POV

(1 week later)

I woke up extra early today. Bright and early. In fact it was 7:00 am. Today was Gaige's first day of rehab and to say I'm excited is an understatement. I have spent that past couple days looking for a center that would be comfortable enough and suitable enough for Gaige. Finally my dad and I came across We Still Believe rehab center that takes people of all ages, addictions and for a very cheap price. Plus I looked into the history and records of the place and they seem pretty good. The success rate is pretty impressive. I showed the place to Gaige and he seemed fine with it so we are going today to get him settled in.

Last night though, Gaige was a complete ball of nerves and stress. I think the withdrawal thing is settling in since I haven't let him out of my sight for the past week and he hasn't had a hit of cocaine since the day in the bathroom. He was going insane. Punching the walls, throwing any object he was able to get his hands on, screaming and shouting. It was just insane and honestly it scared the shit out of me. I hid behind Elliot the entire episode as he tried to calm Gaige down which took almost two hours but he eventually tired himself out. But just seeing him...like an animal gone totally crazy. It was a scary sight and I nearly cried myself to sleep last night.

Seeing your best friend like he's gone mad is not easy to watch because you want so badly for them to be okay and just to see them happy for once. I wanted that so badly for Gaige and hopefully going to rehab will really help him and change his life.

I'm gonna miss him so much. Even thought I'm gonna visit as much as I can, its still gonna be hard not seeing him everyday or having him around. But this is what's best for Gaige. So I have to suck it up and push my feelings aside.

I just hope that this helps him. Gaige deserves so much better.

~~~~~~~~~~

I sighed before pulling on my black sweater over my t-shirt. Once last glance in the mirror and I saw that my nose was slowly fading back to normal, it was still black of course but it wasn't as bad as before. And the mark on my cheek was a light purple, also still noticeable but not as bad as before. I was glad though, because the stares I was getting at school were really staring to get on my last nerves and I was gonna pull a "Chris" on someone if they looked at me the wrong way one more time.

Turning the bathroom light off, I walked into my room and grabbed Gaige's duffel bag and his guitar before walking out of my room and wondering off into the living room where Gaige and Elliot stood waiting for me. Gaige has this very sullen look on his face and Elliot just stared blankly at the ground, his hands in his pockets. He was trying not to breakdown, I could easily tell. I sighed and pulled Gaige into a tight hug. My heart was missing beats in my chest because I was trying to keep calm and stay strong but its getting harder by the second.

Pulling back, I smiled sadly at him and I could see the fear in his eyes.

"You'll be okay Gaige. You'll get through this okay?" I said very quietly and he nodded as he bit his lip. I laced my fingers with Gaige's before walking over to the door, motioning for Elliot to follow. I held Gaige's guitar tightly in my hand while Elliot carried his bag. We exited the house and walked over to Elliott's car where I opened the back door and put Gaige's guitar and Elliot put his duffel bag. Gaige slid in the backseat and I closed his door for him before walking around to the passenger door and getting in.

I leaned back in my seat and took a deep breath and closing my eyes. The rehab center was two hours away so we would be in here for awhile. I won't be able to see Gaige everyday but maybe a few times a week. Depending on mine and Elliott's schedule. We still have school to worry about and Elliot has a part time job at a clothing shop. Plus we have to cooperate with visiting hours of the rehab center. So many factors coming into play and its not making this any easier.