Chapter 10 - Don't hold your breath

- Jasmine -
I knew that it was important that Corey didn't find out about the kiss and me staying with Toby. I swear if he found out he'd be after Toby's blood. I'd started to spend more time with Zoe and Kirsty and practising for the music performance. Not to mention trying to keep up in dance class. Speaking of dance class, that's where I am now.

I don't know why I chose dance as one of my subjects, I can be an incredibly clumsy person at times. I couldn't seem to get anything right either, this terms lesson was ballet. I hate ballet I was hoping to be doing hip hop, at least I've got more chance of not making a fool of myself.

I couldn't do any of this pirouette crap, I've just faced it, I suck at ballet. Simple. I can't mount because I'm just not that flexible. On the bright side I can almost do the splits but other than that I sucked.

My dance teacher Mrs Montez was calling the class to attention, meaning one thing. There was about to be some huge bombshell.

"Alright class we will be performing a routine at the performing arts concert, which is two weeks from now. If you participate in the music classes you will already know this. We are expected to be in top shape, you must perfect our routine in time for the night. Class dismissed."

Conversation erupted as the class departed, I stayed back to pack my gym bag. Mrs Montez came over and stood watching me until I was forced to ask what she was doing.

"Is something wrong Mrs Montez?"

"Not at all Jasmine, I just noticed you're having trouble with our routine."

"I just... I'm not very good at ballet. I picked dance hoping we'd do some hip hop."

"We will eventually. Are you in the music class?"

"Yes. I've formed a group so we can perform."

" That's wonderful. We'll be doing hip hop next term so you miss the ballet performance because you are performing for the music class."

"Really? Thank you so much Mrs Montez." I smiled, "See you next dance class."

I walked out feeling hyped, yes one problem averted now I could focus more on the Corey and the secret problem. It needed all my attention, I had to make sure he didn't find out for Toby's sake.

Kirsty was waiting for me outside she had a sly smirk on her face. I raised and eyebrow, "I think there's someone else waiting for you." She smiled. I followed her gaze to Toby standing and waiting for me.

"Hey." I called waving, "Come here." Toby walked over casually.

"Are you trying to steal my BFF, because I might have to crash tackle you." Kirsty laughed, "I'm Kirsty, nice to meet you." She put out her hand.

"Toby. The pleasure is all mine." He returned the shake.

"You know Toby, I don't usually shake hands. I pounce on people and hug them. So next time you see me watch out."

"Better watch my back then." Toby smiled and I felt heat rise in my cheeks. His dimple was so cute.

"So how did you guys meet? Please don't tell me he knocked you over in the corridor." Kirsty asked.

"Oh well, Indiana and I needed a guitarist for our music performance and it turns out Toby's a killer player." I smiled.

"Indiana? Haven't met her yet either. Jazz how many new friends have you made without telling me?"

"Oh just Indi and Toby."

"Cool. One down, one to go." Kirsty said triumphantly.

"Do you have free period next Kirsty?" I asked.