Chapter 5

Whitney tried to say everything she could think of to calm down Mia and her tiring sobs.

"I- He- I can't do this Whitney! He's a motherfucker sometimes man!" Mia cried on the shoulders of her best friend.

Whitney was hearing and understanding everything Mia was saying, and she wanted to feel some what sorry for her, but she couldn't.

Deep down inside Whitney knew her long time friend was not the one for commitment and love. In the long run, Mia would have probably slept around on Trey with his boss, recorded it and sent it to him for a good laugh.

As much as she did not want to admit it, Mia had all of this coming her way.

"Mia, just relax. It's gonna be alright I promise. He's probably thinking the same thing about you. You two are just a little angry with each other right now you don't-"

"NO! He's not thinking about me. He's probably scrolling through that fuckin' phone calling up all those hoes he used to let suck his dick back in the day. I just know it!" Mia wiped her eyes, but Whitney knew good and well there were no tears falling.

"You're gonna mess up your make up, cmon." She said, offering her a tissue that she really didn't need.
Mia continued talking about how much of an 'ain't-shit-ass-nigga' Trey was. Whitney felt like it would continue forever, until her now finance called her.

"Hey baby!!" She instantly lit up with joy when she heard his voice.

"I'm alright, just here with Mia. She left Trey again. Yea. Tall Trey. No baby, not the one with the braids that was Chris." Whitney laughed inside at how many guys Mia had gone through for the year.

"Well I'll see you later on tonight? It's time we start talking about wedding arrangements."
Mia rolled her eyes once she covered them with her tissue that she used to dry her sobbing eyes.
"I love you." They both said at the same time, before Whitney smiled to herself and bit her lip.

Whitney started to think about actually being happy for once in her life, everything would work out for the best this time. She was always getting the short end of the stick, and now it was her turn to find love.

Snapping out of her thoughts, she remembered about Mia, who was just staring at the wet napkin clutched in her hands.
"Hey. Listen to me, you're beautiful. If Trey isn't the one for you then so be it girl let his ass go. But if you want him, and want to be with him, then go after him." Whitney grabbed Mia's arm, reassuring her that she supported her friend's decision.

Mia forced a smile across her face, not sure why, but deep inside she wanted to believe what Whitney was saying.

It was easy to pat anyone on the back and say "you'll be alright girl fuck him", and then actually do it.
Mia knew she went through numbers of guys, but could she really admit that to her self?
Her thoughts were interrupted by the vibration of her phone. Opening the message, Mia cheesed:
"He never deserved you any way baby. You know I'm the only one right for you."

Whitney anxiously grabbed for Mia's phone to know what had made her smile so hard, when Mia pushed away from her, shaking back into reality.

"It's work! Yea- they gave me the weekend off. You know how long I'd been begging for a little break." Mia chuckles nervously, while she deleted the message from Marcus.

"That's great hun! So maybe this little time you have off can be used on you, and not on Trey's foolishness?" Whitney gave her girl the look of hope.

Mia rolled her eyes and forced a laugh.
"Girl I'm so over him and his shit. I'm probably just gonna rent out a nice hotel room and order some Brazilian massages or something."

"Shit, you'll be doing better than me! I'll be stuck here at home drafting up these lists of invites for the wed-"
"I'm gonna go. I'll call you later?" Mia interrupted Whitney and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Mia really didn't want to hear about this wedding that her friend had to plan for that was really suppose to be for her.
She was marrying her man.

She just didn't know it.

"Be good!" Mia said, grabbing her purse and her keys, running her fingernails through her hair.
Whitney nodded and walked Mia to the door.
Hopping into her car, Mia let out a defeated sigh. "That was so close." She said, before checking her mirrors and pulling off onto the road.

When she finally got to her apartment parking lot, Mia turned off her car, and walked upstairs to her home.
Humming 'Can't Raise A Man' by K.Michelle, she opened the front door and closed it, flicking on the light.
Mia placed her keys and bag on the near by island, and sorted through her mail.

"Coming to bed?" She heard a familiar voice.
A little surprised, Mia calmed herself when she recognized Marcus' tone.

"Hey you." She smiled to herself as she walked towards the noise coming from her bedroom.
In her bed laud Marcus, the popular NFL star, the soon-to-be husband of her best friend, and her secret lover.
He was ass-naked, using the silk sheets to cover up his member.

Mia grabbed the bowl of cherries on her dresser, and put one in her mouth.
Marcus smiled, and motioned her to come to bed.