.Chapter 4

Whitney laughed and playfully screamed with her friends at work about her soon-to-be marriage.
"I KNEW HE WOULD POP THE QUESTION ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!" One coworker yelled out.

It was a Monday, and they all gathered around Whitney while they pulled at her finger that held onto the big diamond ring.

"DAMN!" They all yelled together. Whitney was so happy, she couldn't help but cheese hard at the fact that she was going to be a bride.

"Alright, alright! Get back to work!" Her boss shouted simultaneously, hearing the scattering of heels clicking against the floor of all the women trying to rush back to their cubicles.

Whitney smiled to her self, dazing off into her dream wedding, with her dream guy.

But was he the "Dream Guy"?

Mia knocked on the door of her longtime boyfriend Treys' door.

She rang the bell twice, and yelled out for his name.
No answer.

"Trey!" She peeked through the windows of his house that showed his bedroom. It was empty, but the light was on so she knew he was home. Plus, his car was in the drive way.

Mia sucked her teeth, and covered her face with her hand, shielding her face from the sun's beaming rays on her face, as she searched through her purse for his spare keys.

She doubted she had them anymore though, Trey and her had a bad argument about him suspecting her of cheating a few months ago, and they broke up for about a week before he came crawling back to her.

Mia couldn't say she had him wrapped around her fingers, but she knew he loved her, and that was enough reason for her to keep him.

"Oh hell no. I got something for yo ass." Mia smirked and said to herself as she pulled the welcome mat from underneath the door, revealing a golden set of keys that opened the front door to his home.

Mia quietly jiggled the handle once she unlocked the door, slowly opening the door.

She was careful not to make any noise so she wouldn't get caught. She wanted to catch him by surprise.

Mia sat her purse down on the table in the kitchen nearby, kicking off her heels in the process.

Once she got to the living room, which was close by Trey's room, she could hear the water running from the shower and faint humming.

Trey knew he could sing better than anyone Mia knew. His voice was something like Omarion's with a twist of Usher's.

Mia smiled at the time he sang for her on their one month anniversary in front of all her friends and family at a party one time.

She was so embarrassed.

Steam moved from the bathroom into his room, and while Trey continued to sing, Mia looked around for any sign of cheating.

His shoes were all out of place, as usual.

His phone was facing up, but it was dead.

"No lipstick on the collars." Mia said to herself quietly as she fished through his clothes.

She lifted the giant pillows on his all-white bedroom set, checking for long stringy hairs, other than her own, and cheap lipstick.

She sat down on the bed when she realized she didn't find anything, but knew that meant he would win the argument they were about to have when he approached her about not coming home yesterday.

Mia had her own place, but she normally stayed at his crib. The only time age would crash at her place would be if they were upset with each other or if she had 'shit to do' (or people to screw) and Trey would let her be.