Part 9: Pool

I lay in Jakes bed looking at the new bruises he gave me. It's been going on for a month. Don thinks it's been getting better but she doesn't know I've been faking it. I stare at his ceiling as he walks in with after his shower.
"You can use the shower if you want." He says changing.
"It hurts to get up." I tell him. Maybe he will realize how horrible he is.
"If your a lesbian than you should really man up." He says zipping up his jeans, "I'm going to a party. Leave before I get back or I'll fuck you like the whore you are." He says walking out of his room.

An hour passes and I still feel sore. I've tried rolling over to at least put something on rather than just lying there in my underwear. But I don't have the strength. I look at my phone and know that if I don't start making progress soon it will only get way worse. But there's nothing I can really do. Whenever I try to move my legs shake and I feel the need to throw up. I finally give in and call Don.

Don: "hey what's up?"

Me: "Don... I lied. I'm really really sorry. It hasn't gotten better it's gotten way way worse. I can't get up, I'm at his house, if I don't get up before he's back-"

Don: "shhhh it's okay, just send me his address and I'll be there."

I send her the address and wait for her to get here.

After awhile I hear footsteps and hear Don call out my name.
"Here!" I yell out. Don walks in and freezes at the door. Here eyes trace over every mark on my body. It's taken a lot of make up to hide the choke marks. Don walks over to me and brushes my sweaty hair out of my face.
"You let him do this to you... I let him do this to you..." she says and her eyes begin to water. She grabs my cloths and helps me dress before carrying me to her car. She lays me down in the back and starts to drive off. I can't help but drift off, I'm so exhausted.

I wake up in Dons bed alone. There is Advil on her bedside table and a water with a note telling me to take them. I take two and chug the water before lying back down. Don walks into the room and looks at me concerned.
"I just called the principal. I told him about what Jake did. The photo will be deleted and he might actually be charged with Rape." She explains to me.
"Ugh no one can stop him from sending out that picture." I say.
"I'm afraid of that too Sammy but the torment you will face from homophobes couldn't be nearly as bad as rape." She says.
"It wasn't about that," I say, "everyone in the school already has there suspicions about you and I know how much you hate being noticed." I explain. Don just looks at me. She walks over and sits on the bed.
"Sammy I can handle myself. You have no idea what I've been through. I should have realized how bad it was I just know how personal coming out is." She says putting her face in her hands. I sit up as best as I can and pull her down next to me. She sighs and gives in. She lifts my shirt to get a better look at the bruises.
"I can't believe I wasn't there to help you." She says. She traces over my stomach and with every bruise she touches I hitch my breath.
"You have such a nice figure." She breaks the silence. I laugh while the blush creeps across my face. She lays down next to me and I rest my head on her chest.

After awhile me and Don moved to her indoor pool. I have left over bathing suits from times I've come over. I sit in the hot tub and let the pain wash away as Don tries to fix an old clock on a towel outside of the hot tub.
"You should come in." I tell her.
"I don't like wearing bathing suits." Don says. Besides the time I caught her changing for a split second she never shows off her body. I wish I had more than that small glimpse.
"Than just find some old shorts and an undershirt." I groan. The clock suddenly starts ticking and she smiles. She takes it into a different room. After awhile she comes back with shorts and a tank top. She gets in at the opposite side of the tub and I roll me eyes. I glide over to where she is and she rubs her arms nervously. I lean against her knowing that if I fall asleep she would never let me sink. She puts her arms around me and it seems like just staring out the window and thinking.