Part 1: New Girl

"Samantha!" My mom calls out to me as I get in my car to drive to school. I sigh at the fact she never calls me Sam like how everyone does.
"Yeah mom?" I call back.
"You need to pick up your brother after school today!" She says. I groan and shut my car door.

I reapply my lip gloss in the car mirror before I drive off to school. Call me a dork but I've always loved school, well... not the school exactly but all my friends.

I pull into the seniors parking lot for the first day back at school. I already know everyone going to want to know what the my vacations were like and all that but I really just want to meet with my best friend Jessica.

I walk over to our meeting spot on campus, passing all the boys who cat call literally everyone who passes by- correction, every girl that passes by.

Sometimes I wonder if any of them shower more often then a monthly basis.

I walk over to Jessica and she squeals with excitement running over to me.
"Sammy!" She exclaims as we hug each other.
"It's Sam, Jess." I roll my eyes.
"How was the cruise." She asks as we both sit down on the benches.
"Meh," I answer looking through Instagram, "my mom is making me pick up my brother today." I complain.
"Ugh that's the worst, after would you wanna come over with me, Charli, and Rachel to hang out?" She asks.
"Eh I'll show up I guess." I answer. That seems to satisfy her. I don't think I'll actually go though.

I know I'm a bitch to my friends. But that's just how it works with our friend group, they don't seem to mind so much.

I mindlessly look through my ex's photos on Instagram. He's has a new bitch who's apparently 'from out of town'.
"Ugh Jake is such a bitch." Rachel says sitting down next to me and looking at my phone.
"I know," I scoff, "that's probably his cousin or something." I joke.
"Omg that is so funny, I totally texting the group chat that." Charli adds on as she sits down on the bench and snaps her gum.

Charli has the new iPhone and I've been jealous for so long. My parents usually can't afford big things. Jessica is the only one who really know my financial issues. Although I ignore her at school, we are really close. She knows my uncle pays for all my summer vacations which is mainly why people think my family is so wealthy.

"Omg have you guys seen the new girl?" Charli points at a dark haired tall girl walks into school wearing a beanie and baggy cloths. "Her names Don and I heard that she got kicked out of her old school." Charli spills.
"Why?" I ask turning towards Charli. She just shrugs and texts her 'guy friends.'

I sit in algebra 2 and stare at the new girl for awhile. What could she have possibly done to get kicked out of her old school? The girl looks back at me and waves. I roll my eyes and stare back at the board.

After awhile I find the girl looking at me again. I look back at her but in a second she's gone. I look to find her walk through the door with a cup of water. Did I just zone out?

"Excuse me miss," I raise my hands, "may I go to the barhroom?" I ask. The teacher mumbles something and waves me off.

I wash my hands after using the bathroom and try to open the door but Don is there.
"Jesus!" I scream and fall onto my ass. I look up and Don is gone. What the fuck. I'm going insane. I rush back to the class

At lunch Me and the girls sit down and talk about how the cafeteria food sucks.
"I mean seriously, who puts stale muffins as a treat with spaghetti?" Charli jokes. I laugh with everyone else but I've still got that girl on my mind. That is until Jake walks up to the table. He slams his fist on the table and our trays do a little hop as well as the rest of us.
"Ugh what do you want ass wipe?" I turn to him. All the girls cross their arms and look him up and down.
"Why did you tell everyone that my girlfriend is my cousin!?!" He yells. I laugh at his little outburst. The truth is that it hurts that we aren't together anymore,  but I could never let that show.