"I think we should start with the Bullets," I admitted. "You'll need character witnesses and they, especially your family, would be best suited for the job as they know you and they can speak on behalf of the shifter community."

"Okay." He gave me another nod. "So we need to figure out a way to get me into their good graces."

"The fact that your family - or at least most of them," I added, remembering what he'd told me about his Uncle Carter, "are on your side is a good start. It's also great that you are friends with Keri, even though it's a democratic pack and her decisions could be overruled. The pack still respects her and trusts her, so that will play in your favor. As for where to start: I think that an apology - a sincere one - would be the best place."

Alec frowned, obviously disliking the idea.

"Alec..." I began, but he cut me off:

"I know it's something I should do, but I think I already kind of did. Back at the meeting, when the pack was gathered. It was the best I could do, and apparently it wasn't enough."

I placed my hand on his shoulder and gave him a slight squeeze. His head tilted, leaning against my hand absentmindedly, eyebrows furrowed as he pondered the issue we were discussing.

"Maybe if you start with individual ones," I suggested.

"Individual apologies?" Alec lifted his head and I let my arm fall by my side.

It was my turn to nod.

"For things you are sorry about, not necessarily the fact that you hid your shifting abilities. It might help you learn to better express yourself when you apologize."

"So, practice apologies?" He snorted. "Knowing me, it would take me a few decades before I get the hang of it."

"Doubt it." When he raised an eyebrow at me, I added: "You are intelligent and determined when you want something."

"That's just the thing though: I don't want to have to apologize."

"But you want to be able to visit the Bullets again, right?"

He pursed his lips, which I took as a reluctant yes.

"Then you'll have to learn to apologize," I concluded. "How about this: write down the names of three people you've wronged and apologize to them first. Then once you are done with them, write three more names, then another three, then another three... Breaking up a task into small portions makes it less daunting."

Without a word, Alec got up and left. When he came back, he held a small notepad and a pen in his hand.

"Who's first?" I asked, when he sat back next to me, his knee bumping mine, producing a slight spark at the contact.

Alec puffed his cheeks, slowly letting the air out of them, the gesture oddly adorable on a beautiful face with expressions so often bordering on sinful.

"I suppose I should include Riley on it."

"Because you scared him in your wolf form?"

"That too. But I used to also scare him in this form." He pointed at his body. "I enjoyed making him uncomfortable."

The past tense the word "enjoy" was in helped me suppress a frown at his former actions.

He's changed, I reminded myself.

Alec put down Riley's name, then puckered his lips:

"And while we're on the topic of family: I purposefully made some lecherous remarks about Riley to piss Rhys off."