Chapter 6

P.O.V Tobias

Today the first training would take place and the interviews would also take place today. I wasn't really that nervous. I got woken up at 6:00 AM by my alarm I kind of still wanted to sleep, but otherwise, I would be too late. I put the training clothes on. It was black clothes with red and white stripes on the short sleeves and it also had your district number patched to the left sleeve. I went to the dining room where the food was ready. It was like a lot of food. I took some pieces of bread and cereal. After breakfast, we still had some time left. Jeanine told that the training started at 10:15, I had some feeling that she was lying, I couldn't ask Johanna because she was still sleeping and we couldn't wake her. She told us that on the first day. If we would wake her she would be in a horrible mood for like the whole day. When she came into the living room around 10:05 Am she asked why we were still here. Jeanine told her that the training wouldn't start until 10:15 and then Johanna started screaming:'' WHY THE H*LL WOULD YOU THINK THAT. I TOLD YESTERDAY THAT THE TRAINING WOULD START AT 10:00 NOT AT 10:00, WHY ARE YOU 2 STILL HERE. GO DOWNSTAIRS NOW! AND BECAUSE YOU ARE ALREADY LATE YOU CAN'T TAKE THE ELEVATOR. GO TO THE STAIRS NOW!'' We went as fast as we could to the stairs. I ran as fast as I could. We were on the 7th floor. We had to take something like 500 stairs. I was way faster downstairs than Jeanine. I decided to wait for her. 

We arrived at the hall at 10:15 when we walked inside the head trainer walked to us and asked why we were late. I tried to make an excuse and said:'' Elevator didn't work and we forgot the time.'' The head trainer shook her head and said: Be on time the next time or there will be consequences. Okay, you guys can go from step to step. Stay there as long as you want, but you have to be at the end of the day been to 2 or more steps. now go.'' I left Jeanine and went to Tris and Al and I said:'' Sorry guys that I'm pretty late but someone ( and I pointed angrily at Jeanine) said that it was at 10:15 not at 10:00, but that doesn't matter anymore. We're here and it's okay. I see that you 2 have found each other?'' Tris and Al nodded. Even though Tris wasn't allies with me or Al she stayed with us the whole time. We started at camouflage. I was horrible at it. Al was really good at it. Then we went to weapon practice. That went a lot better. I tried a trident, knives, bow and arrow, slingshot. I was really good at all of them. Tris was really good at the knives and Al could control the bow and arrow really good. I had some feeling I was starting to impress Tris, but I wasn't completely sure. After weapons, we went to survival skills where we learnt to make things like fire and learnt which plants and berries we could eat. After survival, we had lunch with all the tributes in a hall with some tables. I sat together with Al and Tris we sat on a table of 4 but nobody joined us. During lunch, we talked a bit to get to know each other better. I learned about Al that his district mate her name was Cara and about Tris that she also had an older brother. 

After lunch we all went back to our apartments. I took a short shower. When I had some clothes on again my stylist was standing outside the door of the bathroom. Flavius had his whole kit with him and some clothes and shoes. I refused that he would put some makeup on my face, he listened, and only did some gel in my hair. Then I received my clothes. It was a suit, grey with dark grey stripes on it and a tie that I really hated. For the shoes it were just some black shoes.

When I was finished Flavius brought me into the living room

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

When I was finished Flavius brought me into the living room. Jeanine was already there. She was wearing a pink dress that was until her knees and for her hair, she had it in a messy bun with a hairband with butterflies. We took the elevator down. I expected that we wouldn't be the last tributes because we were really on time, but we were the last. How could we be last? I saw Al and Tris standing together. Tris was really beautiful in her blue dress. Al was looking also really good. I left Jeanine and went to them and complimented them both:'' Well, you're pretty. Your stylist is pretty smart because with this outfit you will impress people even more.'' I saw she almost blushed and thanked me. I complimented Al on his suit:'' Al, you're looking really good in your suit.'' He thanked me. After 10 minutes talking we had to stand in a row from district 1/12 and first female then male.  The other tributes could see everything on screens in the waiting room. After 3 interviews it was Al his turn. On the stage, he was a natural talent. The audience loved him. They loved his sweetness.

Many interviews later it was my turn. I wasn't even that nervous. I even felt really confident. Caeser started asking questions right away. He started about my district and home. I decided to not let too much free about Peter, I knew other tributes could use it as a weakness. Still, the audience seemed to love the story. I could hear everyone saying:'' Awww, that's so sweet!'' after my district things Caesar started asking things about the training from earlier today. On a big screen behind us, they showed the training and that I was the whole time with Al and Tris. Caesar started asking: '' It doesn't happen often that a career is teaming up with non-careers, How could you persuade Al from 2 to be your ally?'' I answered easily with: ''Al is a really nice boy, I already liked him since the moment we met. We are now really good friends.'' Then Caesar asked about Tris:'' And know about Beatris from district 10, you 2 seemed during the training really close, so tell me. What's the deal between you 2?'' ''Well since the day I've seen her reaping I knew that Beatris is a really independent, confident girl. So when we first met I made a deal with her. If I could impress her in the upcoming days we would become allies, I don't know how far I am with impressing her, but I hope I can do it because Beatris is a really nice girl. and I really do want her in my team...'' I never say this kind of things about people unless I think they are really good and nice. Caesar even was searching for words: Wow... Tobias that is really nice to say about your other tributes. Well boy, I wish you all the luck you need. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN TOBIAS EATON FROM DISTRICT 7!!'' I walked off the stage waving to the audience. Johanna walked to me backstage and said:'' Wow Eaton, you did a really good job out there. If you won't receive sponsors now than I'm gonna live in a tree for the rest of my life.'' 

Then it was Tris her turn. She walked really confident on the stage. Her interview went really good. Caesar asked a couple of questions about her home and about Al and me. She was really honest about us and said:'' Tobias is right, we made that agreement, but I start to know that boy and I know he will not fail with impressing me. He and Al are both really sweet, it's not even that awkward being the only girl of our group.'' The rest of her interview went really good and fast. When she walked backstage her capitol person went to her than I decided to go to her. Al was me first. He gave her a small hug. He thanked her for the compliment she gave about him and I said to her: '' You really did a good job up there.'' I didn't really watch the other interviews. When all of them were finished everyone went back to their apartments. I put my pyjamas on. Ate some food and went to my bedroom. After 20 minutes I fell asleep.