𝑠𝑜𝑖𝑥𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑒 𝑠𝑖𝑥

chapter sixty-six

iMESSAGE
harrison🦔
TODAY 9:18 PM

SPIDERMANI don't have a chance, do I?

SPIDERMAN
I don't have a chance, do I?

harrison🦔
what do you mean?

SPIDERMAN
with Calliope, I blew it.

harrison🦔
you don't know that

SPIDERMAN
come on haz, you saw what she posted.
They're dating.

harrison🦔
you don't know that

SPIDERMAN
Timothée Chalamette is like her favorite actor. I can't compete with that

harrison🦔
Chalamet*
and that's not true, who is she with right now?

SPIDERMAN
timothée.

harrison🦔
no. Who did she come to Europe for?

SPIDERMAN
zendaya?

harrison🦔
okay nevermind this is a bad example.
You need to ask her out like now.
before it's too late.

SPIDERMAN
I'm not going to waste my time getting rejected.

harrison🦔
dude, stop being hard on yourself. I've never seen you act like this before...

SPIDERMAN
I just want to be with her.
I mean, it's not like she doesn't want to be with me from the looks of it.

harrison🦔
come on, tom! you're spiderman!!

SPIDERMAN
yeah, well Timothée could have stolen my job.

harrison🦔
you're so difficult.
READ AT 9:27 PM

_

iMESSAGE
calliope🍑🍒
TODAY 12:32 PM

iMESSAGEcalliope🍑🍒TODAY 12:32 PM

SPIDERMAN
hellooo calioppe

SPIDERMAN
itss tomm!

calliope🍑🍒
tom, are you drunk?

SPIDERMAN
uh, no

calliope🍑🍒
send me your location, I'm picking you up.

SPIDERMAN
do'nzt owrry about me.

calliope🍑🍒
are you alone?

SPIDERMAN
yeahk, harrison didn'dt wbant to drnik with me

calliope🍑🍒
tom, are you okay?

SPIDERMAN
nevr better
(---:
see? three noses!!

calliope🍑🍒
stay there, I'm coming over.

SPIDERMAN
whatreve yoou saiy!

_

CALLIOPE REALLY DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE THE COMFORT OF THE HOTEL ROOM, BUT TOM WAS WORTH THE HASSLE. Calliope was now on the street, wearing only sweatpants with a black hoodie, Timothée jean jacket on top. The light of the day had long since ebbed and dwindled to nothing, now as midnight marched steadily towards us the air was cooler and damper than it had been in the morning. The cool air blew onto Calliope's face, making the girl wish she was back in the warm weather of Prague. 

The street lights illuminate the foreign streets of London. Calliope couldn't help but worry for Tom. This was not like him to get wasted, let alone in public and by himself. Continuing her walk at a brisk pace, she was able to track his location quickly, reaching the doors of the somewhat empty pub.

She opened the pub doors, feeling the nice warm atmosphere push past her into the open. Her eyes scanned around the room, looking for her friend. Not many people were in the pub, light music playing in the background. She walked towards the bartender, pushing her phone back into her pocket.

"Hey, have you seen a guy here? Around 5'8'", curly brown hair? Young, like 22?" She asked. The bartender was cleaning a couple of shot glasses with a towel resting comfortably on his shoulder. The bartender looked up at the girl, smirking instantly while putting the glasses down, resting his hands comfortably on the bar table.

"No, but you can sit down and I can get you something to drink," he winked, "On the house."

The girl winced at his lame attempt at flirting, internally rolling her eyes towards him.

"Have you seen my friend?"

The guy gave up all attempts, huffing slightly before pointing towards the end of the long bar table. Calliope turned to see a figure, slouched on the side, back facing towards her. Simply by walking closer towards the boy, she recognized it to be Tom.

"Tom?" she hesitantly touched his back, making the actor shoot up quickly before clutching his head in pain.

"Ugh, don't do that," he slurred, feeling a tremendous headache approaching. Calliope quietly helped him to his feet, grabbing his coat that was resting in the adjacent chair and slipped it under her arm.

"Let's go home, okay?" She whispered, trying not to talk too loud. She could smell the harsh scent of alcohol. Tom struggled to keep his balance, making her heart ache.

_