𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑡

chapter twenty

CALLIOPE BIT INTO THE STRAW OF LICORICE DANGLING FROM HER MOUTH AS SHE CONTINUED TO SCROLL THROUGH HER INSTAGRAM EXPLORE PAGE.  The apartment felt emptier than a crypt and Calliope couldn't sit inside the house watching the walls, no matter how prettily she and Donna spent time painting them.

It's been a couple of days since she last hung out with Harrison. He went home a lot happier when he arrived, finally making amends with Tom after their argument.

Calliope was curious as always what were they arguing about? Or who? The thought plagued her mind for days, but finally, she decided to brush it off as 'guy stuff'.

As of right now, she was bored. She needs to see real people, talk and laugh. She has to hear their stories and jokes. Being bored was the worst for the girl, and even more, she hated being by herself.

She doesn't care for television much, but a good drama and tub of mint chip ice cream happens sometimes. She unlocked her phone for the 1000th time and sighed. Her cat, Florence even had something to do to pass the time.

Calliope watched she she licked her fur gently, giving herself a nice clean. She looked up at her owner, giving her wide eyes.

"What can I not look at you? I'm bored," Calliope spoke to her feline, throwing her head back onto one of the throw pillows that estes comfortably on the sofa. Florence purred slightly, walking over and readjusted her position on Calliope's stomach.

"That was rude Flo, I'm totally capable of being alone," Calliope argues back with the cat, scoffing slightly to herself. Calliope watched as Florence's eyes looked towards the coffee table, before looking back at the girl.

"I'm not calling Tom," she argued, pointing a figure at her cat. Was it weird? Was it weird that she was spending her Thursday afternoon talking to a cat? No, not really in her eyes. Watching as a Florence jumped off the couch and walked out the living room, Calliope was once again, totally alone.

She stared up at the TV which was currently displaying soda commercials, which made her even more annoyed with her current situation.

A ring from the doorbell rang out through the house, startling Calliope. She wasn't expecting anyone to come over. The girl and stood up from her couch and walked towards the door.

She opened the door, revealing Tom wearing a hoodie and sweatpants. The hoodie covered the messy curls that fell dramatically in front of his forehead. She was confused for a second, seeing how she never planned for Tom to come over. She was excited of course, never the one to turn a friend away.

Damn, maybe her cat is a psychic.

"Hey, Tom?" she smiled, opening the door, and motioning him to come inside. He took off his shoes and placed them beside the door, shoving his hands in his pocket. She closed the door and rubbed her hands together trying to cut the tension.

"Hey, sorry I didn't mean to come over unannounced," Tom mumbled, rubbing his neck slightly.

He didn't have any idea on why he came over as well. His rental apartment seemed so small, dull, and lonely. He didn't hesitate to grab his keys and leave the house, searching for something that would make him feel more cheerful.

Make him feel, golden.

"It's no problem, I could use the company anyways," she smiled, plopping down on the couch, Tom following in suit.

"What's up?"

"The sky."

She smiled and jokingly pushed his shoulder, causing him to smile cheekily.