𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑡 𝑠𝑖𝑥

chapter twenty-six

AFTER THE QUICK PHOTOSHOOT, CALLIOPE AND TOM SEEMED RATHER HUNGRY and finally decided on a little cafe to eat. The cafe lies ahead, its royal blue paint glistening in the first golden rays of the day. The tiny cafe huddled despondent among the huge city buildings.

Unlike the outside, the interior of the café was warm and cheery, with bright lights and colorful walls. The customers returned to their conversations as the door swung closed behind the new entrant and the warm breeze was forgotten.

"This place looks awesome!" Calliope awed, glancing around at the few costumers that scattered along within the establishment. Tom hummed in agreement as the two made their way towards the cash register.

Calliope watched as the barista's mood turned into a face of shock, as she instantly recognized the famous actor.

"Oh my god, you're Tom Holland!" She squealed, trying to keep her voice down to avoid suspicion. Tom let out his oh so famous dazzling smile before waving to the girl slightly. She quickly composed herself and adjusted the black cap on her head underneath the wild red curls of her hair.

"Welcome to Diana's, what would you like to order?" she asked, glancing from Calliope to Tom.

_

"I have a question to ask you,"

After the two finished eating at the quaint little cafe, they began to take a stroll into the city. As night fell, a breeze picked up, creating goosebumps along her skin. Tom noticed the girl shivering, slipping off his jean jacket and wrapping it around her shoulders.

She smiled at his generosity and slipped her arms through the sleeves of her jacket. She placed her hands in the pockets of the jacket, but it was obvious she wanted her hands intertwined with Tom's. She kicked a couple of rocks from off the sidewalk before looking at him again.

"What did you have to ask me?"

"Well," he stopped walking, catching Calliope's attention. She gazed up at him, trying to analyze him for any reaction.

"I'm leaving for Europe in a couple of weeks to film Spiderman two," He explained. Words left her. She stared into those bright brown eyes searching hers for an answer.

"Oh,"

She was at a total loss for words. He was leaving? If Tom was leaving then that could only mean Harrison and Zendaya would soon follow. She briefly remembered Zendaya mentioning, not realizing that the date of her departure was soon approaching.

"That's great, Tom," she answered flatly, swallowing the thick lump in her throat. She began to walk away briskly until he pulled her back, laughing at her change in mood.

Why was he laughing?

"I wasn't done," he chuckled slightly, rubbing his fingers along her hand, making her blush slightly. She wanted to stop blushing, he just told her that he's leaving, and yet she feels all giddy when they touch?

"Zendaya, Harrison, and I talked about it and we were wondering if you and Donna wanted to come with us?" His eyes were trained towards the floor, his stomach doing flips of nervousness.

"Really?" She said disbelievingly. He nodded and smiled, watching as her mood increase dramatically. Before he knew it she squealed and wrapped her arms around his neck, muttering hundreds and hundreds of thank yous.

In her embrace, the world stopped still on its axis. There was no time, no wind, no city. Tom's mind was at peace. He quickly returned the embrace, hugging her tightly, his arms as shields of kindness, a hug so warm yet so different than a paternal embrace.

She pulled away quickly, a huge smile still plastered on her face.

"Let's go tell Donna,"

_

TWITTER

calliope 👽 | cantalouperose
I'M GOING TO FREAKING EUROPE! ✈️
16.9k replies | 2k retweets | 17.9k likes

donna g | donnagrace
YES WE ARE!!!

user | username
wait... is she going with Tom?🤨

user | username
she is totally going with Tom!!

user | username
yes! her Instagram is about POP

Harrison Osterfield | HazOsterfield
The gang is going to Europe🤪🤪

Timothée Chalamet | RealChalamet
my girlfriend is leaving me?
|
calliope 👽 | cantalouperose
I'm sorry baby!! 😭

Zendaya | Zendaya
us girls in Europe? yes, please

calliope👽 | cantalouperose
thank you tom!!🥰
|
Tom Holland | TomHolland1996
don't thank me, just start packing :)
|
user | username
THIS IS SO ADORABLE

user | username
they need to make out already🥺🥺

user | username
I'm excited for all of the content!

user | username
the holy trinity is about to unite😁
|
user | username
yes they are!!

user | username
ew, she is seriously poisoning this group.🥱

user | username
did Timothée Chalamet say, GIRLFRIEND??

_

a/n: hope you guys are enjoying the book :)