𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑖𝑧𝑒

chapter thirteen

SUNLIGHT SHINES UNDER CALLIOPE'S DOOR LIKE A GHOUL'S GRIN YET GIVES THE SHUTTERS A HALO OF GOLDEN RAYS. That's the new morning, sinner and saint, just like her. Her bed is warm, the draughts are cold, yet her feet swing outward into the chill. She carefully rolled onto her side and looked at him.

His features were much softer in sleep, the lines that usually creased his brow replaced by the youthful appearance that matched those of others their age. He looked peaceful. Wanting nothing more than to curl up into the curve of his body for extra warmth, she turned around and pulled the blanket off of her body, walking towards the kitchen.

The egg yolk sun poured through the cracks in the blind and awaited entrance into Tom's eyes. The sight still in the clutches of the night's glue, he hesitantly rubbed the dreams away.

Thoughts of the visions in sleep come and go in waves, clinging on to the very last memory of the night but with little success. He remembered how the two retreated into Calliope's room, as Harrison, Donna, and Zendaya fell asleep earlier throughout the night. The girl continued to show Tom how to braid her hair, his hands getting tangled between her curls repeatedly, the two drunkenly (yet sober) giggling to themselves into the early morning.

He yawned quietly before sitting up in a foreign bed. He looked around glancing as the decoration surrounded in Calliope's room. Her room was furnished beautifully on a meager budget but it was full of more warmth than Tom had seen in many years.

On the back wall was a collage of Polaroid pictures, filled with memories of Calliope and her family and friends. The room was covered with multiple plants that took up the majority of the room, dead leaves falling haphazardly on the pristine white rug.

The girl was nowhere to be found, The space beside him was empty, the sheets and blanket pushed towards the side. The actor rubbed his eyes tiredly, looking for his socks that he had thrown on the floor.

Then Calliope bustled in with a large cup of water, instantly going towards her multiple potted plants. Her face so tired but wearing the same smile she always reserved for Tom. Her hair was in the same braids from last night, a headband securing loose strands from falling on her face. She wore a baggy tee with some sweatpants, with yellow fuzzy socks as she shuffled across the room.

She definitely looked more comfortable in her clothing than Tom, his body still containing the gray shirt and the blue jeans from last night.

"Your hair braiding skills aren't too bad," She joked, motioning to the double dutch braid Tom attempted last night. The braids looked decent, definitely evidence of an amateur, but not too shabby.

Tom still looked confused as ever, the signs of fatigue still on his face. He rubbed his eyes tiredly, looking up at the girl, clearly not comprehending what she just said.

"Huh?"

"Good morning to you," she giggly replied, bending down to pour some water into the base of her plants. She looked up Tom who continued to wear a sleepy, yet confused glance on his face.

He mumbled back a response, his voice cracking slightly. "Good morning." He didn't hesitate to get out of bed, stretching comfortably before scratching his back. Calliope just finished watering the last of her plants, when Tom let out another audible yawn.

"I have breakfast," She said, rubbing her hands together, to get warm.

"Thank you, Cal,"

"The rest are in the living room, still sleeping," she told him, watching his face for any sign of tiredness. "You should go back to sleep, you look really tired," she noticed the dark circles under his eyes.

"It's okay, who else is supposed to keep you company while everyone else is asleep,"

Calliope grinned before picking up a cat that Tom didn't notice stalking around the house before. Tom grimaced before flopping back onto the girl's bed, letting a sigh escape his lips, as he pulled the overs onto his body once again, snuggling against the pillows.

"I hate cats,"

_

TWITTER

calliope 👽| cantelouperose
Tom is still sleeping and it's like 10 am, do you think it's okay if i prank him?
1.3k replies | 2.5k retweets | 3.6k likes

user | username
no pls don't hurt my baby :(

user | username
yes! Let's come up with some ideas
|
calliope 👽 | cantelouperose
i like what your thinking, what should we do?
|
user | username
spill water on his face?
|
user | username
or pretend the house is on fire, and start panicking
|
calliope 👽 | cantelouperose
YES!

Zendaya | Zendaya
I want in!

donna | donnagrace
i love when callie turns all evil

user | username
poor tom, he doesn't even realize what's going on.

user | username
wake up Tom, your going to get pranked!! @TomHolland1996

Harrison Osterfield | HazOsterfield
I'll record it .

user | username
lol, keep us updated.

_

TWITTER

calliope 👽 | cantelouperose
update: the plan was a success! Posting this video later :)
283k replies | 3.5k retweets | 4.1k likes

Tom Holland | TomHolland1996
screw you guys