Chapter 12

Percy sat on the floor of the training room, feeling conflicted.

"Luke?"

"Yeah?"

"Am I letting Dad down because I don't feel sorry that my powers are gone?"

Luke stood up from his spot on the floor, sitting down next to the fragile boy.

"No. I think he'll love you either way. He's just worried about how we'll pull of beating End."

Percy nodded slowly before standing up. "We should go. Now we know that I don't have any powers except for my old Sea spawn powers, which is kind of weird since Poseidon was never my father."

"Honestly, you never know with these gods. You'll never really know if they're lying or not, but I don't think Chaos would lie. Maybe since you've been claimed as Poseidon's son for a few years then your body got used to the powers. Don't think too much of it, let's just go back to our rooms. We can go back to camp when you're ready."

Percy looked at his feet, hesitating. "Let's just go to camp right now. I know Chaos refuses to let me die fighting End, but I can become stronger. Maybe I'll get some of my powers back."

Luke nodded. "Fine. Let's go, then. Hopefully things turn out well for you."

Luke took Percy's hand and opened a portal, pulling Percy along through it.

***************************

Bianca sat quietly, Silena and Charles trying to talk to her.

"I'm sure he'll remember you, sweetie," Silena said confidently.

"But Luke probably likes him again!!!" She wailed.

Charles chuckled. "No, Bianca. Doesn't Luke still like Zoe?"

"He liked Percy when they were younger. There's nothing stopping him from liking him again, not even Zoe. Maybe Percy will end up liking Annabeth again. The possibilities are endless."

"You're not wrong about the Annabeth part. I think Luke likes Zoe too much to give up on her, but Annabeth really likes Percy. And Percy wouldn't admit it, but he also still has feelings for Annabeth. I'm a daughter of Aphrodite, I should know," Silena sighed.

Suddenly, a portal opened and Luke and Percy stepped out of it.

"Holy sh-" Percy was about to say before he got cut off by Luke.

"Crazy right? When you don't have the power of Chaos anymore, you're not used to teleporting."

Bianca stared at Percy sadly. Her face looked even more upset when she saw riptide in his hand.

He's going back to his old ways. His old self loved Annabeth.

"Oh, hey guys. What are you up to?" Percy grinned.

Silena smiled sadly. "Just talking. You should probably go see the campers and talk to them."

Her eyes seem to say, 'go see Annabeth.'

Percy blushed a bit, embarrassed and a little ashamed. He shouldn't like Annabeth after what she did to him. He was about to propose yet she had to cheat on him on that special day.

He sighed. "I'll be back soon. Hold down the fort, yeah?"

Percy slipped out of the house quietly, hoping that the campers didn't make a scene.

Luke slumped down on the chair. "He's normal now. Not the overpowered, sad Omega. He is Percy Jackson again, powers and all."

"Meaning you're stronger than him, Luke. Shouldn't that make you leader?" Silena asked.

Luke shook his head. "He'll always be leader. He gave us a second chance, so I'll protect him with my life. He's not strong anymore, so we have to help him. We have powers from Chaos and he doesn't. His body rejects the foreign power."

Silena and Charles nodded, immediately agreeing. Bianca hesitantly nodded as well.

Bianca looked at Luke and spoke slowly. "Luke...I have something really personal to ask you."

Luke motioned at her to keep going.

"Do you love Percy Jackson?"

Luke froze, shocked. Zoe listened to the conversation from behind the wall separating the kitchen from the living room.

"Did...did you really just ask me that????" He chuckled. "Of course not. You know I like Zoe, and he likes Anna-"

"Animals." He corrected himself. "Especially dolphins."

Bianca sunk down on the couch, knowing what Luke was about to say.

Zoe was all smiles from behind the wall and revealed herself. "You like me, huh?"

Luke jumped up, his face on fire. "NO! You're ugly!" He screamed.

Zoe looked taken aback.

"F*ck!! Forget that, please. I got startled." Luke mumbled.

Silena held in her gasps on laughter while Charles laughed his ass off.

"Fine fine. I do like you, Zoe Nightshade. Will you please be my girlfriend?" He blurted out.

"Calm thyself, Luke. Thou is ugly as sh!t, I'd never date you." She replied calmly.

He looked like a kicked puppy, his eyes getting watery.

"Jeez, I'm kidding! Oh gods, Luke, I'm sorry!" Zoe laughed.

Luke looked away, a small smile on his lips. "Is that a yes?"

Zoe hugged him, giggling. "Stupid. Of course it is."

                   ****************************

Percy waked towards the Athena cabin, nervously playing with riptide.

He hesitated, then knocked on the door.

It opened, revealing Malcolm. His eyes widened, before backing up. "I-I'll go get her."

Annabeth rushed towards the door, fixing her hair hurriedly.

"P-Percy? What are you doing here?" She asked nervously. "Don't you have your memories back?"

"Most of them.

And I'm pretty damn sure that you're the worst thing that's ever happened to me.

But I still love you.

Why is that, Annabeth?"