Chapter Thirty-Six

TURNS OUT GETTING THE GOD OF MISCHIEF TO ANSWER A QUESTION HONESTLY WAS HARDER THAN EXPECTED

TURNS OUT GETTING THE GOD OF MISCHIEF TO ANSWER A QUESTION HONESTLY WAS HARDER THAN EXPECTED. His lack of cooperation was due to his interest in questioning Nova instead.

"I did not expect my brother to actually follow through with this," he mumbled looking dumbfounded, "I wonder what is in it for him to bring you to Asgard. Surely there's got to be something he is after."

Nova tried to have patience with him but she was quickly losing it.

"Answer my damn question, why did you take me to Mexico? Why the hell did you hold me hostage when you had no intentions of killing me? I don't possibly believe it was because you're an evil person."

"You've grown some confidence since I saw you last, do I dare say my brothers cockiness is rubbing off on you?"

Deciding to ignore Loki's taunts she continued on, "I am trying to help you Loki, if you would just cooperate."

"Speaking of my dear brother, how would he ever allow you to come down here?"

Nova chose her next words carefully, "well he didn't, I didn't exactly ask..."

The smirk on his face only continued to grow, "this is an awfully ironic predicament, perhaps my ways are a better influencer after all. Lying sure does look ravishing on you Nova."

The girl put her hand up to her head rubbing it in frustration. Loki's easy taunting was getting her no where.

"Don't get so flushed darling your blowing your cover," he said referring to the blotchy freckles making their way back onto Nova's cheeks with embarrassment.

With that statement the angry brunette had enough.

"Look I didn't come all the way down here to catch up, frankly you're the last person I wanna make small talk with. I just needed to know why you did it," she said pointing an accusing finger at his head.

"You're not evil Loki you're not fooling me. You're just looking for ways to fill the empty void in your life and I know that because I'm doing it too. You were right... you and I are aren't as different as I hoped. Of course you're more of a sarcastic asshole but still. Just tell me why you did it. I need to know."

He looked thoughtful for a moment.

"I'll even add a please if you start talking in the next 30 seconds."

Finally he rolled his eyes sighing and laying back on his cot, "your persistence is irritating. Maybe my plan could've been more thought through. But to be fair I did have every intent on killing you."

Despite his threats Nova smiled arching an eyebrow, "but you didn't."

"No I didn't but I am regretting it now."

"Revenge is seeming like the favorable option here, so please get to talking."

"When I went looking for you I expected you to be weak. A sorry excuse for a mortal that would make Thor's fascination with you even more pathetic. I was looking for a flaw, a reason that the arrogant Prince would not be fit to rule. And of course you were the perfect opportunity. However, I underestimated your charms and failed to notice Thor's change of heart. If I wasn't too busy looking for revenge perhaps I would've already had the throne by now."

Nova sighed slightly pacing back and forth between his cell. She didn't care that he would see her anxiousness as a sign of weakness.

"So this was all for the throne? You think that by getting to be King you'll feel the love and respect you never had? For being the God of Mischief you're not very intelligent."

Loki squinted his eyebrows like he was about to insult her but she continued on ignoring this gesture. "Haven't you realized that Thor did love you. He stood up for you in New York when you tried to kill thousands of people. He always wanted to clear your name and make you realize that you do have good in you. But you fucked that up when you took me. I know he's still got it in him, I just gotta shake it out of him."

Now Loki's face held a look of confusion, "and why would you be willing to help me?"

Nova Lee smirked crossing her arms over her chest, "I'm a weak mortal remember? I feel every emotion which happens to make me a very forgiving person."

"Just try not to get yourself killed, I don't need that on my conscience," he grumbled giving her a side glance.

"How thoughtful," Nova mumbled as she turned down the way she came.

"I'll be in touch Loki," she called from behind her.

Walking away from his cell made her wonder how the hell she was going to pull it off.

———

congrats if you've made it this far!
how do you feel about Nova & Loki's interaction?? 🐍