Chapter Eighteen

Thor:

THE GOD KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG. His dreams were unnatural, reminding him of the images his brother would plant into his head as a child. But there would be no way Loki could get into his mind from Asgard's prison.

"What's on your mind?" Steve Rogers asked as the god fiddled with a coaster laying on the coffee table.

Tony decided to let the Avengers stay in the towers, he claimed it was for the benefit of the world in case danger arose, but they all knew it was because Tony enjoyed the company. Thor on the other hand, didn't really have a reason for staying. Perhaps he feared if he left earth, he would never be able to reach Nova. And although he knew she wasn't returning and that she didn't need him, he still let hope linger in his mind that he would see her again. If he just stayed there. If he just waited long enough.

"I keep having these dreams," Thor grumbled letting his blonde hair fall into his face.

Tony Stark snorted from the other room, "we don't wanna hear about your fantasies blondie."

Thor shook his head in an angry manner, "No, you are you not listening to me. Dreams like these only appear when my brother gets into my head."

Steve raised an eyebrow at his words, "Well he's locked up in Asgard so that's not possible."

When the god didn't respond he opened his mouth again, "right?"

In all honesty, Thor didn't know. He knew it was impossible for Loki to be pulling those antics from Asgard. And if he wasn't in prison why would he come back there? His last attempts failed, what could possibly be of use to him on earth?

"Perhaps my brother is capable of more than I think," Thor responded as Steve and Tony started sparking up conversation.

Thor knew where he would get his answers. He needed to call upon his dear friend in search for answers. The god zoned out as he let the voices fade around him.

"Heimdall, can you see me?"

When Thor reopened his eyes, he was back on Asgard, the view was blurry reminding him it was only a vision.

"God of Thunder, I am glad to hear from you."

Thor looked around his home seeing people in slight panic. His eyebrow raised as he looked back to the protector of the Bifröst, "What has happened here?" he questioned looking into the man's gold eyes.

"I am afraid I have terrible news."

The god grew worried as he looked to his friend in an anxious manner.

"Your brother Loki has escaped again. He has successfully made it out of Asgard. We are unsure of his whereabouts for the time being."

Thor looked to Heimdall with sadness, "I should have returned home. If I had been here this never would have occurred."

The man shook his head holding up a single hand, "Nothing you could have done would prevent this fate. I fear your brother is unable to be saved. He craves vengeance more than the love of his own family. Be careful dear boy, he is driven by hate, whatever he plans to do."

Thor nodded as the vision of his friend began to fade away, "I swear I shall return, I will find him."

With the wave of a hand and a small smile Heimdall began to disappear.

Thor woke with a loud gasp as the Avengers looked wearily in his direction, "What the hell was that?"

Thor ignored Stark's words as he stood reaching for Mjolnir. "Fetch me my armor," he demanded as his eyes held back fearful tears.

"What is going on?" Captain Rogers asked standing quickly on high alert.

"Loki has escaped Asgard again," Thor replied looking to the men in front of him.

"And I am afraid I know exactly what he is after."

———

*the god of mischief has entered the chat*