Secrets and Missions

The five rebels heard a loud commotion of metal clanging against the floor and each of them were suddenly alerted. Hera raced out to the kitchen and saw the messy kitchen. Kanan and the others stepped into the kitchen and saw the disaster.

"What happened here?" Hera asked, quite shocked.
"I guess Ezra heard us," Kanan replied, although he knew what happened.
"So, the kid's going to the dark side because he can't control his emotions?" Zeb asked.

Chopper made a variety of beeping noises and then shocked Zeb. Zeb jumped when Chopper shocked him and they began to get in a fight.

"Stop it you two!" Sabine shouted as she split the fight up. "We need to help Ezra!"
"Kanan can help the kid, we still have to plan out the final details of our mission tomorrow!" Zeb said back.

Sabine scowled at Zeb as Kanan left to talk to Ezra and Hera cleaned up the mess. Kanan took a deep breath and held his ear up to Ezra's door, then knocked, politely asking Ezra to open his door. Abruptly, there was a strange feeling of coldness that wrapped around Kanan. He grew worried quickly and pounded on Ezra's door.

"Ezra, open this door!" Kanan yelled.

Kanan used his override code and entered the room. He saw floating articles in the air swirling around Ezra, like they were protecting him. Kanan thought for a moment and knew what was happening. Ezra's mind was being invaded, and for extreme measures, Ezra's mind has used floating objects in the room and made a little shield to protect Ezra from any psychical harm. Kanan quickly calmed himself and used the force to put the spinning objects to rest. A minute after, Kanan had succeeded, the objects had fallen and Kanan went up to check Ezra.

"Ezra, are you alright?" Kanan asked.

Shoot! He must be sleeping again!, Kanan thought. Kanan focused hard again. He sensed that Ezra's mental shields were gone--destroyed. However, he couldn't tell if Ezra did it on purpose or if someone destroyed them in order to manipulate Ezra.

"Kanan, what's going on?" Sabine asked as she walked up to the open door.
"Nothing. I'm just hoping Ezra has just fallen asleep," Kanan replied.
"What do you mean, 'hoping'?" Sabine curiously inquired.
"I think someone has invaded Ezra's mind, but I don't know if Ezra usually leaves his mind open when he sleeps or not," Kanan answered.
"Well, can't you help him? We need him for the mission tomorrow!" Sabine said.
"I know! Just...just give me some time," Kanan muttered.

Sabine left the room with a worried expression. Kanan concentrated once more and entered Ezra's mind. He woke up on the plains of Lothal, between the city and Ezra's tower. He looked up on the balcony of the tower and saw Ezra and the Inquisitor. The Inquisitor was beating Ezra. Kanan ran up to the tower, but stopped suddenly when he noticed he didn't have his lightsaber. He turned around when he heard marching--the stormtroopers and General Kallus were coming. Kanan was unarmed, he didn't know what to do, so he just waited. The stormtroopers, surprisingly walked right through Kanan.

"What's happening, now?" Kanan asked.

They were heading straight for Ezra. Ezra maneuvered himself away from the Inquisitor and dropped below to the ground. Kanan heard a familiar sound. It was The Ghost. There was another Kanan in the dream, standing on the ramp of The Ghost, taunting Ezra. How could this be? Kanan began to almost panick. When he turned around, the Inquisitor had Ezra and The Ghost flew away. After throwing Ezra down into the ground, stormtroopers began to attack Ezra. Kanan raced up, but just like the stroomtroopers, Kanan just ran through them. He saw the lightsabers burn and cut Ezra, until Ezra fell semi-unconscious.

"Join the dark side...there is no better choice...your 'family' is gone...your so-called 'friends' don't want you...join me, Ezra...join the dark side...," he heard the Inquisitor speak in a nasty tone.