Willow Schnee

The Schnee house was not known for it's healthy family dynamic. If anything, it was the opposite. Everyone knew that Jacques had just married Willow for her name and family business. Why they had children, nobody knew. But many people felt bad for those children, the three young ones who were forced to live in that unhealthy home. 

Weiss Schnee, the middle child of the three Schnee children, was a favorite among Jacques' friends. She was pretty, talented, and tasteful. But she was still a child, and her childhood was bland and lacked the excitement most children her age had. Her father spent thousands of dollars to give her the best education and tutors, hoping that she could enter society as a golden child of sorts. Willow Schnee, Weiss's mother, hated what her husband was doing to their daughter, but she watched from afar, not wanting to interfere in her husband's self-proclaimed duty. 

Mother's Day was fast approaching, a holiday that was not celebrated in the Schnee household. But young Weiss had plans to do something special this year. Without her father knowing, Weiss had learned how to make beaded jewelry by herself. Even though her family was rich and could buy expensive diamond necklaces and pearl earrings, young Weiss found a new type of beauty in handmade jewelry. Maybe it was the fact that it was something that she could control in a world where her father controlled everything; or maybe it was because it allowed her to tap into her unused creative side, but whatever the reason, Weiss Schnee became obsessed with making jewelry. 

She had already made her older sister, Winter, a pair of earrings, which Winter wore with pride whenever she could get away with it. Now, Weiss was working on a necklace for her mother. This was to be her first ever Mother's Day gift, something to show her mom how much she loved her. 

The special day arrived, Mother's Day. Weiss finished her lessons early and headed to her mother's quarters to deliver the gift.  She could see the door to her mother's room when she ran straight into her father, quite literally. 

"Watch where you're going child," Jacques said condescendingly.

"I'm sorry Father. I will be more careful." Weiss curtsied respectfully, as she had been taught by her tutors. 

Jacques stopped when he noticed the shiny beads peeking out from Weiss's clenched hands. 

"Where are you going and what do you have?" He asked. Weiss hide her hands behind her back.

"I was just going to visit Mother." She said, technically not lying. 

"Show me what you have behind your back," her father commanded. Weiss slowly pulled her hands out from behind her and showed him the beautiful necklace she had spent so much time and care on. He picked it up and inspected it.

"Were you planning to give this to her?" He asked in disgust. "If you wanted to give her jewelry, I could have easily gotten you the most fashionable necklace in all of Atlas, instead of you embarrassing yourself with this cheap thing." We walked over to the nearest trashcan and threw it in there. 

"Go to your room child. You should be preparing for your singing lessons, not wasting your time on your mother." He walked away, leaving Weiss standing in the middle of the hallway.

At that moment, Willow opened her bedroom door and was greeted by a crying Weiss. 

"Darling, is something the matter?" Willow asked. She had been secretly listening to the interaction between her husband and her daughter, but she was not about to give that away. 

Weiss took one look at her mother and turned to run to her bedroom, wiping away tears as she went. Willow walked into the hallway and went to the trashcan, reaching in to grab the necklace her daughter had made for her. She held her breath as she admired it, with the shimmering glass beads and the sparkly pendant hanging from the chain. Some of the glass beads had cracked from the impact of being thrown roughly into the trashcan. 

She loved the necklace with all her heart. She could tell just how much love and effort her seven year old daughter had put in it. She walked down the hallway, not back to her bedroom, but to Weiss's room. She knocked gently on the door and let herself in. 

She saw her daughter sitting at the piano, practicing a song. Willow went and sat next to Weiss on the piano bench, holding out the necklace.

"It's beautiful." 

Weiss looked up at her mother, her eyes wide with surprise. Suddenly, she wrapped her mother in a hug, causing Willow to startle. She had never been shown so much affection and love and it made her heart melt.

Weiss pulled away almost as quickly as she had entered for the hug. She fixed her posture, making herself look more professional and older, as she had been instructed to do by her tutors. 

"Weiss, darling, would you fix it for me? It seems that your father may have ruined some of the glass beads, and I'd like it to look perfect for when I wear it to your next concert." Weiss took the necklace and went to her desk to pull out a kit hidden in one of the drawers. She took a moment to mess with the necklace before bringing it back to her mother. 

Willow took it from her daughter and placed it around her neck. Weiss's eyes widened when she saw her mother wearing her creation. 

"Thank you Weiss. This means the world to me." Willow gave her daughter a quick and awkward hug before leaving the room. As she walked down the hallways, she wore the necklace with pride. Let her husband think what he wants, this was the greatest mother's day gift Willow could think of.