"It's okay. I just missed your voice," I whisper gently, needing more than just his voice.

"Me too, and you are constantly in my mind, Kira, believe me. Do you want us to video chat? Maybe this will ease the longing I'm feeling inside "

"Of course. Are you alone?" I ask.

He hums a yes.

"I'm still in the office and alone. Or maybe not? I mean, Malik has just shown up when I don't actually need him." He sounds accusing, and I can imagine each one of their faces as they eye each other right now. "Did you forget that we had a meeting today? He's talking to Malik.

God, I miss the two of them.

"Professor, please marry him quickly, huh?" Malik yells from a distance, and I grin broadly at the sound of his voice. "He's been so grumpy lately, looking for any opportunity to fly over there in the name of business."

"Shut up," Liam hisses in a low voice, and I start laughing heartily. "Don't listen to him, he's lying," he says to me.

"But I think it's cute, unless you're not really that desperate to see me as I do you, Mr. Darcy," I cajole him while taking a seat on a barstool.

"You know I absolutely do so, my love," Liam replies. "You have no idea how much I miss you that I keep counting days in my calendar," he adds, followed by, "Get out of here, Malik. We can have dinner later."

I laugh again.

"Can I talk to him?" I beg.

"Of course," Liam answers, laughing at whatever the Arab has just blurted. "Let me call you in a few seconds," he suggests, and I comply without fretting.

I smile from ear to ear as I fix my posture to find a perfect angle. Sometimes you may not wish to learn how you look like on the screen when making these kinds of calls. When the screen flashes I'm ready for it.

Swiping the receiver, Malik's face pops on the screen. "Hi, Malik." I wave my hand, and his bright grin is infectious.

"Professor," he mutters gleefully, his big gray eyes wide and bright. "What did you do to your skin, huh?"

"What's wrong with my skin? Is it dry? Do I have pimples?" I tease, and his diabolic laugh is my reward.

I figure they're in their office that looks like it's built high in the sky.

"Hell no. You're glowing, Professor," he remarks. "Being engaged is nice, huh? Look at this one, I bet he can't even sleep at night thinking of when you'd join him in this freezing London."

"Aren't you done talking?" Liam snarls, and it's always his worst mistake doing that to Malik, because it's a ticket for more mischief.

"I could do it forever, you know," says Malik, provoking him.

I cackle in silence, watching their bromance.

"I need to talk to my future wife, so get off my chair," Liam says.

"See? Very grumpy!" Malik rolls his eyes while facing the screen of their phone. "Okay, professor. I'll see you in Montana, I guess?"