15: Be Our Guest

Klaus could not stop reading the invitation that is on his hand. For the longest time, he has stayed far away from Smeerensburg. So it seems a bit odd to suddenly be invited to this huge party they were planning.

Pierre: I'm not saying you have to go. But please consider it. The kids will be thrilled to see Klaus and his furry friend up close!

Jesper: That furry friend being me, if I have to guess? Gee, thanks.

Klaus: .... It's been a while since I made contact with the town....

Pierre: I'm sure you'll fit right in! Pretty much everyone knows of your and Jesper's existence!

Jesper: That's the point, I don't want people to know my existence at the moment. Have you even thought about what they're going to think of me?! I've already been almost shot!

Pierre: Good point, good point... Hmm...

Klaus: You almost got shot?

Jesper: Long and excruciating story, dear friend.

Klaus: Well.... (puts his hand on Jesper's shoulder) As long as I'm around, there'll be no bullet wounds. Got it?

Jesper: (blushes) O-Of course, Klaus. Heh heh heh...

Pierre: Jesper can wear a cloak of some sort? Hang it over his head?

Klaus: I might have one, but it might be too bulky-

Jesper: Anything that comes from you is great. (Realizes) I mean, uhh... If it gets too cold and all that.

Klaus: Then of course.

Once Jesper settled into the black as night cloak, the three merry men went on their way. The cold weather has died down a bit, so there is no chance of any breeze coming their way. But sometimes, that is what would happen. Jesper will always get startled and huddle closer to Klaus, who thinks that this whole situation is just adorable.

Alas, they find their way to the party. Lights are hung up, shining down on the many food stands, equally decorated trees, and snowmen. Children are singing carols about the famed Klaus or lighting up sparklers. The adults, once devoid of life, are now all chipper and chatting away. The Krum's and Ellingboe's have never been closer than ever.

Jesper: Wow... It's beautiful... (sees a misshapen showman) Heh. What even happened with that one?

Edith: (was just walking by) Sorry, yeti. That was supposed to be you.

Jesper: Gee, thanks. Wait, how did you know this was me?

Edith: You have a very distinct voice. You actually came to the party!

Pierre: I had informed you and your friends that they'd be here.

Edith: Klaus, Jesper, I want you two to meet Margú! We met when she was riding her amazing sled you gave her and accidentally ended up here!

Margú: Pierre! Klaus! (Gasps) Jesper? (Edith nods) Jesper! Dii keim! (Runs up to Jesper)

Jesper: Oh! H-Hey there! (Picks up Margú) Wow, you're excited.

Edith: Needless to say, she's your biggest fan, Jesper. Now you gotta come with us! As we are here to proudly present... Smeerensburg!

[Edith]

Be our guest
Be our guest
Put our service to the test
Roll up your jacket sleeves, dear old sir
And we'll show you the best

Snowmen there, angels here
Throw a snowball if you dare
Try her new pies, they're delicious
And don't you try to be suspicious