In the morning Maddie found herself staring into the mirror as she added a light coat of lipstick after putting on a few other items to cover up what she believed to be imperfections. She then took her time curling her hair before taking two strands from the front and clipping them in the back, one of her favorite hair styles to wear. Then when the time hit seven she slipped on a form fitting mature, but casual looking pale colored dress. Then Maddie walked out into the living room to grab a pair of heels when she realized that all three family members were on the couch waiting, smiling. "You look so pretty." May says eyes wide looking at her older sister, Maddie smiles and goes to place a kiss onto the top of her head. "Thank you." She says as she slips on the small black heels she normally wore for school pictures, rather than testifying at court.

"Okay, before anyone leaves we need to have a serious family discussion." Karen says in a tired voice as she moves in her lavender outfit. All three children look between themselves before looking to their mother and nodding, waiting for her to speak. "Last night, it was brought to my attention that Maddie's birth mother, Katherine, is trying to build a case against my adoption for Maddie." Zach looks to his sister who only looks down, she felt bad that for the last year or so it seemed she only brought trouble into the house. "What does that mean?" May asks her voice smaller than normal as she watched their mother with wide eyes.

"Well honey," She starts. "It means that once the investigation has been made official which can only happen with probable cause they will investigate our house, family, and situation to make sure that this house and family is fit to take care of her. Now, I know that we are fit to have her in our house because we have taken care of her for 17 years now, but I want you all to be extra cautious." Karen says knowing that if she was seen unfit not only would Maddie be taken but also Zach and May. "Continue to do your best in school, tell me if anything has been broken, or stolen, or if you have been bullied and so on, keep your room clean, and unless needed I will not be taking any extra shifts so you won't be here alone. I will also be picking you up from practice from now on so that if needed they can see I'm involved." She continues while addressing May in the last half. "The two of you need to drive safely and it'd probably better if you started riding together, at least until this is over." Karen said now bringing her attention to the oldest siblings who quickly nodded their head, they'd do anything short of murder to make sure this family stick together.

Content with the conversation Karen nods and smooths out her skirt. "Alright, May, you better go catch the bus." Karen says and May nods while grabbing her bag and lunch box going outside where the bus pulled up only seconds later. Zach sighs before saying good-bye to his family and quickly going to his car and pulling out of the driveway. "I'm sorry that I'm causing so much trouble." Maddie says quietly as the duo walk to the car and Karen quickly turns holding her teenage daughter up by her shoulders. "Maddie, you are not causing us any problems. We wanted you, we fought for you, and we will continue to do that. What is happening is all her." Karen says with a sigh and Maddie nods. "Mom?" Maddie asks looking over to Karen. "Yeah?"

"Thank you." Maddie says with a grateful smile and Karen nods. "Of course." She says before the two of them hop into her car and get situated before pulling out of the driveway and making their drive to the courthouse.

Sighing Maddie steps out of the car and Karen rolls down her window. "I'm going to go find a place to park the car, it could take a few minutes, just wait for me inside on the first set of benches." She instructs her daughter who nods and walks to the courthouse, but before she even makes it to the courthouse she sees two boys standing near the steps making her chuckle and walk up. "Hey." Maddie says with a small smile looking to the boys. "His annoying ass wouldn't leave Clay alone so I had to bring him here." Tony says laughing before giving her a tight hug. "Hey, good luck." He says seriously making her nod before he tells Justin where to meet him.