Chapter 6 chill time

Zoe's P.o.v

_____________________________________________________________________________________

James walks out of the house with two icicies a few moments later. He hands one to me as he walks by, then he sits down in the chair to the left of me. "Has your family always lived near the water?" I ask as I look over towards James.

"Pop says that we have salt water in our vans." He smiles. "Where's your grandmother?" I ask him. He looks down at his feet and says in a quiet voice. "She was killed, by a shark almost 5 years ago."  "Oh my God, I am so sorry." I say in a sad voice.

I change the subject and ask. "when's your mom due?" James looks up at me and says. "I don't know. Ask her." He chuckles. I then take a bite of my icicle."Alright my turn to ask 20 questions." James says as he too takes a bite. "Alright, ask away." I say with a smile.

"Can you swim?" James asks.

"No. not really. I sink like a stone. I reply.

"Have your mom and dad tried to teach you?" he asks.

"Yeah. They've even got the coastguard to teach me, and It still didn't work. The only time I was able to swim was, to save my best friend when she was drowning and she's till in a coma. I've never got back in the water since. I say in a sad voice.

" I see." says James. I turn my shoulder and I forgot that this shirt has short selves. "That thing on your shoulder, what is it?" he asks. It takes me a few moments before I realize that he sees my birthmark. "It's just a birthmark." I say as I cover it with my left hand. 

"Hey James. What if you need something from the store, or you, or your brothers get sick?" I ask him."We get on dads boat a and he sales a few miles up the sea, dock and go do what we have to do." James replies as he finishes his icicle

'How do you get the seafood?" I ask him. "Did you see the yellow ropes in the shallow water. In the back yard?" James asks me. "Yeah, I did." I reply to him. "Those are our seafood traps, That also why we're not allowed to swim in the backyard, because we'll get caught in the lines." Says James

"One more question. Are you and your family hiding something from me?" I was curious. "That's for us to know and for you to find out." James replies in a mysterious tone of voice. I finish my icicle and then we walk back inside the house

Once back inside, I look towards the kitchen for Joe but she isn't there. I turn back towards James. "James Do you happen to know where your mother might be?" I ask him. "Her and dads bedroom. Head straight across the main room there you'll find an elevator, ninth floor go down the hall last door on your right. And while you're talking to her, I will be finishing my breakfast. " Says James. I had forgotten James hasn't eaten yet.

I walk straight across the main room find the elevator, step inside and, press the ninth button and I go up. I step out into a brown hallway, It's the same shade of brown as downstairs, the hallway also has red carpet. There're doors all the way down the left and right side of me, the door's are a darker brown which makes them essayer to see. I walk all the way down to the end of the hallway and stop, I turn to the door to my right and knock. "Come in, come in," Says Joe from the other side of the door.

I open the door and slowly walk in. Joe's sitting on the bed folding close. The bed itself has yellow covers, white sheets and white bed close. I walk over and sit down on the bed right beside her. "How do you do it?" I ask turning my head towards her. "How do I do what?" Joe asks as she turns her head towards me. "How can you handle so many kids?" I ask her turning away for a moment then turning back to her. "Well taken care of 13 kids is a lot of work, but with your dad and your husband to back you up it makes it a lot essayer." says Joe. My eyes widen when I hear the word '13'. "13. Where're the others?." I ask her. "There're out feeding." Joe replies to me. "Oh, you mean there're out to breakfast." I say. She looks at me confused, then she says "Yes they are." I change the subject. "When's your due date?" I ask looking at her belly. " In five days." Joe says. "So you won't mind if I?" I ask as I hold my hand out towards her belly. "No, not at all." Says Joe as she moves her body her body around so that I can get a better feel. I put my hand on her belly, but then something weird starts to happen. I start to hear voices inside my mind.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________--

"We can't wait to come out and, play with you. We can't wait to come out and, play with you. We can't wait to come out and, play with you."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I pull my hand away very quickly. Looking consumed Joe asks. "Zoe is there something troubling you?" "Yes, there is every time I see a dolphin, I hear the sounds in my head." Joe still looks concerned. "Don't be worried it's all in my head." I say to her. "Or it'd your mind trying to tell you something." Says Joe as she as she turns her head towards me once more. As I'm about to put on my thinking cap on James comes through the door with Kyle in toe. "Mom, we were just going outside to play and we were wondering. Can Zoe come out and play with us?" James asks still standing in the doorway, the boys are back in their black swim trunks.  

 Joe turns to look at me. Do you want to go outside and play with them?" she asks me. I just nod my head, your eyes focus on a small brown bookcase that's in the bottom hand corner of the room. "Hey Joe, may I borrow a book, to take with me so that I don't get bored ?" I ask. "Yes you may but, may I pick it out?' she asks. I nod. Joe then puts the close she was folding off to the side gets up and walks slowly over towards the bookcase. She comes back with a light blue book titled (Dolphin encyclopedia). I stand up take the book from, Joe and thank her Then me and the boys walk downstairs and then we walk outside.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Remember to

Comment if you like it

Vote

Fan

 Also remember

If tou fallow me, I'm going to fallow you back