Settling In

It's been a month and I finally settled down in a small furnitured cottage house with two bedrooms and one bathroom near gons house and close to the forest. Mito introduced me to the person selling this place and I payed for it on the spot with the gold I had on hand and since it was in need of so many repairs the owner just wanted to give it up not many people were rich at whale island but they weren't necessarily poor either more like comfortable.

I spent my weeks doing repairs and learning from the towns people how to fix the big issues I paid them in the end as I basically had to just remodel the small cottage house. My baby bump had gotten somewhat bigger from last month I was officially 3 months pregnant. I sat down on the table with a piece of paper infront of me as I started to write down the letter to chrollo knowing to use his pretense name and an address that he told me to drop it off at before I gave it to the mail man when he was on his way to other houses and handed him some gold as he seemed somewhat nervous at the address.

That was two weeks ago as I sat in my small house alone until a small knock was heard. I opened the door to see mito and I stepped aside as she and gon stepped into the house looking around. "Wow it looks unrecognizable from the last time I saw it" she said in awh as she looked around. "I was bored so I figured id touch up on a few things" I said as I rested my hands on my hips. "That's not good for the baby on doing hard labor like that if you ever need help you can ask me or gon for help" she said as she looked at the ring at my finger but she didn't say anything. "Gon wanted to visit you so I came along to see how you were doing with adjusting here and all" she said as I smiled "I'm doing good and gon can always come by I'm in need of company and he is a very interesting little boy" I said as I patted gons head. "That's right" mito said with a giggle "then I'll be off then I'll see you for dinner tonight" she said as she left me alone with gon. As soon as the door closed we both smirked at eachother and sat on the couch. "Do you have any more cool stories from your missions" he said as I nodded and he sat up excited. "Of course I do" I said as he listened to every word I said and occasionally asked me questions when he didn't understand.

"I can't believe you killed a man with a wooden arrow!" He yelled as we walked to his house. "They are easy to make I can teach you tomorrow if you want" I said as he jumped up in excitement. "I can't wait!" He yelled "I'll race you to your house" I said as I booked it and he ran after me trying his best to catch up to me. We both stood infront of the door out of breath as mito opened the door with a slight smile. "It's hard to say if you really are an adult y/n" she told me as I chuckled and went inside the house with gon.

After we ate our dinner gon took me up to his room as he started talking about his father and how he would be a hunter and finally find him. "I'll become a hunter so I'll find my dad and you'll come help me to" he said from on top of his bed. "Really? You want me to help you find your dad?" I asked as he nodded. "Okay I'll help you" I said as I sat on his bed and he hugged me. "You promise?" He asked as I patted his head. "I promise I'll become a hunter and help you find your dad" I said as he held out his pinky and I held out mine.

Once I made it home I locked the front door and laid down on my bed. As I thought about how I missed everyone back home even if they were annoying and pushy sometimes. I missed killua the most I wish I could cuddle with him again. I looked at the ring on my finger as the moon light shined through the window. I haven't tooken off the ring, even if hisoka gave it to me I just couldn't bring myself to take it off. Even if it meant nothing to him it meant something to me but I still wondered was it all true? Did he seriously just play with my feelings? I sighed as I hugged my pillow and closed my eyes as I fell asleep with tears stains on my pillows. As pathetic as it sounds.

The next morning I woke up and had the urge to paint my house since it full of patched spots from the people I hired only two and they were a father and a son I hired an assassin can't open it's doors to everyone. I walked out after I finished changing and went to the market as I got my supplies paint brushes, and red, blue, and yellow small ppaint buckets because they were the only ones the seller had and a two big buckets of a cream white for all the walls with the necessary brushes and I bought a few pencils and sketch books from the same seller who I told to just deliver the rest of my supplies as I payed and left with the small buckets of paint and paint brushes in a big bag that was heavy I was going to turn around and give it to the store owner to just deliver it too since I was pregnant and I could accidentally hurt myself. I tried walking back with the paint buckets and brushes but they fell onto the ground due to a little girl running and not paying attention. I let out a frustrated whine escape my lips as I was going to bend down to pick them up I was pulled into a chest as I looked behind me and saw chrollo's grey eyes looking into my e/c eyes. "Let me pick them up" he said as he moved away from behind me and picked my supplies from the ground and stood up again holding the bag in one shoulder. "Chrollo let me at least hold something" I whined as we walked to my house. "Okay fine hold this because it's tremendously heavy" he said as he held out his hand holding something and I prepared my hand to hold whatever was in his hand only for him to hold my hand. I became flustered as I looked away as we walked to my house. He chuckled once he saw my reaction but still held onto my hand a bit tighter as his thumb made soft circles on the back of my hand. I saw mito walking down the hill as we stood infront of her. "Oh y/n!" She yelled as she ran to me but stopped once she saw chrollo and how we held hands and smiled. "You didn't tell me your husband was so good looking" she said as I became red from embarrassment. "I'm mito your neighbor" she said as she held out her hand as chrollo looked at both of his hands being occupied and so did mito and she pulled her hand back and said sorry. "My name is chrollo its lovely to meet you and I must thank you for taking care of my wife" he said with a slight bow. Mito blushed lightly before she looked back at me "gon is waiting for you at your house he said something about some arrows? I didn't understand but I'll leave him to you I need to go to the market and I'll be back have a good day you to" she said as she walked away. Me and chrollo began to walk away "who's gon?" Chrollo asked as he looked at me but walked straight "it's a little boy I grew fond of he is very interesting and kind of stupid sometimes but he is a fast learner" I said as we stood infront of the door to my house.