My Kelly-------Oscar

Începe de la început

"It's a letter for Jack."

"I may not able to deliver it, but I know Esther can. I'm breaking her out tonight. You can come with us and give Jack the letter yourself." His face brightens, intrigued by the idea. His face falls and the glimmer of hope fades from his eyes.

"I wish I could. My leg isn't letting me move right now. But you will give this to Esther?" He inquires, one of his eyebrows raised.

"Of course."

Crutchie folds the paper and hands me the letter. "Thank you." He says.

"No problem. And thank you for the directions."

I leave the room, closing the door behind me. I follow the instructions Crutchie gave me and enter the basement.

Esther is slumped against the wall. She doesn't seem to be moving. Dried blood clings to her hair and the walls around her. She is covered in bruises and cuts. Her eye is still swollen from where I accidentally hit her earlier.

"Harvey was exactly right when he called you a bastard, Snyder."

I just sit there for a second, appalled by the sight I see before me. Soon, I start to panic, looking around to see if a rag or something to clean the wounds is in here.

"Ouch."

I wheel around to see Esther awake behind me. She is struggling to get to her feet.

"ESTHER!!! What happened? Are you okay? Oh! I'm so glad to see you!" I'm so happy to see her alive that I'm crying. I pull her into a hug. She instantly moves away, wincing and clutching her ribs.

"Easy, Oscar. Let's just say Snyder seemed happy I was back. I'm glad to see you too." She smiles and tries to stand again. I grab her arm and help her up.

"Thank you." I smile.

"Now, listen carefully. I'm busting you out of here because I heard the newsies are planning something. You need to be there, not here. You know the way back to the Lodging House from here. Also, Crutchie wants me to give you a letter to give to Jack. You got that?" She blinks a couple times and nods.

"Yeah. But before I go, can we stay just a bit? On the roof?"

I shake my head. "You could hardly stand up a minute ago. There is no way you are going on that roof. Esther...your back."

While I was talking, she had turned her back towards me and she slowly bent down to tie her shoe. I saw the back of her shirt had dried scarlet lines crisscrossing all over it.

"That's nothing." She says. I could see she was very uncomfortable by this.

"Show me. Please, Esther. I'm only trying to help you. I need to see your back if I'm going to clean the wounds." She paused. She whispered her reply.

"Okay fine." Esther started to unbutton her shirt. Her hands were shaking and tears formed in her eyes. She finally managed to do so and started to roll her shirt up very slowly.

"Oh, Kelly." Her back was covered in scars. Dried blood stuck to the shirt and peeled off her skin as she lifted up her button down. I could hear her crying now.

"Snyder reopened some of my old ones, too. But I was blacked out when most of it happened. I used to be tough, able to fight these kinds of battles. But now look at me. Crying over cuts and bruises." I wrap her in my arms and she hugs me back. We sit down and she buries her face into my shirt, still holding on to me. I bury my face into her curly brown hair.

"No, Esther. I still think you're tough. You are the smartest and toughest person I've ever met. You have every right to cry. This man is the living devil. Not one kid in here deserves this, especially not you. Do not tell yourself that you are weak because that is a lie."

She nods and stops crying. "I love you, Oscar."

"I love you too." I lay her cap on her head.

"Thank you. For everything."

I smile. "You're welcome. Now let's bust you out of here."

I personally love this chapter.

I want to say thank you to @Teddy006 for coming up with some ship names for this couple. You can comment your idea of a ship name for Oscar and Esther on I Never Planned on You. The ship name will be decided on the last chapter. Sorry your name isn't black.

You can find them in my followers/following list.

Also thank you to KiityKittyKatKat for reading this story and voting.