It takes only about forty minutes to get to her place by train. Her house is an apartment not far from the train station. On the second floor, room number 203. 

The sun begins rising as the clock strikes five

The sun begins rising as the clock strikes five. I rush to her room door and ring the bell.  I get no response so I ring one more time. The result remains same. 

I sit in front of the room door praying for Ashra to pass by. Suddenly, the door opens and I hastily get up. Ashra stands by the door dull and ill. She looks straight into my eyes. 

"Luna... come in" She says quietly walking back into the room so I follow right behind her.  Packed plates in the kitchen sink catch my eyes before the empty beer bottles on the table. 

"Ashra you've been drinking?" I yell at Ashra grabbing the empty wine bottle lying on the floor. 

She squints at the bottle and smirks. "You know me too well Luna, I only smoke but I don't drink" Ashra responds holding her hair up. 

"So why is it here?" I ask one more time.  She irritatingly gets up snatching  the bottle from my hand and throws it to the garbage bin.  "Happy now?" 

She shows a fake smile and continues speaking. 

"Don't ask too many questions. It stresses me a lot and that drives me crazy you know and...  and.." inhaling another cigarette, she giggles and stops talking. She inhales and exhales the smoke. 

"What is the matter with you Ashra!"  I shout at her but Ashra shows me the cigarette and asks "You want one".  I give her a fierce glare. 

"What's wrong with you Ashra! This is not you!"

She kicks the table and yells back, "he left me!" She begins weeping. 

I walk closer to her and rub her back. 

"He said he can't marry a girl who ran away from her parents. His parents wanted to meet Mom and dad, but I couldn't let them. When I explained about Dad, he said I made a huge mistake and that I wouldn't be a good role model to my kids." While she explains, I take her hand and grab the cigarette. 

"He's not worth your tears Ashra, You are strong, you've always been". 

"You think so, you don't know anything Luna" 

Sitting by her, I feel the need to bring up the topic I have been dying to talk to her about.

"In Nigeria, I shot Prince Osman and they caged me for a month"

Ashra faces me astonished and opens her mouth. "What did he do to you!"

"No Ashra, please tell me what happened to you four years ago?What made you run from home?" 

Tears roll down Ashra's cheeks while she holds her head.