23| If You Love Me, Let Me Go

Beginne am Anfang

"Papa?" Waylon's voice cracks as he whispers my name and I hold him close. 

"Yes, baby it's me," I tell him as I close my eyes and he releases a shaky breath. 

"I'm so scared Papa," He whimpers to the point where I could just barely understand him and I kiss the top of his forehead. 

"I know but this has to stop," I remind him and he quickly shakes his head.

"I can't stop Papa, I can't. It won't let me," he cries and I know the God in him is trying to take advantage of his emotional state and take over. 

"Yes, you can baby, fight it. I know you can," I remind him and he burst out into tears as he tries so hard but fails. It was too much for him. 

"It's too powerful Papa," Waylon sniffles, and I gently nuzzle his forehead. Knowing what has to happen next. 

"Give it to me baby," I tell him and I can feel Anu's presence but appreciate him not protesting. 

If you do this, you know it will kill your human form

Anu reminds me and I nod, feeling a single tear slip from my lower lids.

"I've got you baby boy, just put it on me okay?" I ask him and he chokes on his own breath. 

"But Papa-"

"It's okay Wei, just tell your beautiful babies all about me okay? And don't be sad because I love you and I wouldn't have it any other way," I remind him as I open my eyes for the last time. 

 Memorizing the perfection in of every single one of Waylon's features, proud to know I created the blue in his eyes and the blonde in his curls. The curve in his smile and the attitude in the essence his very being.

 I've raised him to be the better version of me. 

A man that is selfless and never runs from his problems. One that gives every ounce of love he has to give without building walls. 

I know he's going to do great things in life. 

Even though it's going to have to be without me. 

"Papa," Wei cried out and I just gave his face a small squeeze as I looked him in the eyes and nodded. 

"I love you," 

It was the last words I said to him before I closed my eyes. 

And in every ounce of essence I took from him, I felt myself gradually losing my own. 

At least it wasn't painful.

The storm finally stopped and I wrapped my arms around him, weakened to the point where I could no longer breathe. 

But that's okay. 

We fell, right there together and Anu took over, guiding our baby to the ground below as the ocean wall fell without overtaking the island. 

Just as I thought we'd hit the beach, the ocean came to soften his human's fall and for that I was thankful. The pain was sharp but only for a second making me feel like I only blinked for a second. 

I'm no longer in the ocean but watching as my body laid still on the sand alongside Waylon's. I couldn't feel the ocean's calming waters licking our toes or hear the screams as our family rushed towards our bodies. 

Alexei practically dropped to the sand as he cradled Wei in his arms like a baby. My poor Waylon started coughing and gasping for air so I knew he would be okay. 

"You did the right thing," 

Rowan says as they stand in front of me, blocking my view of my own body and the heartbreak that surrounded it. 

"I know," 

I told them and they wrapped their arm around my shoulder, guiding me away from the scene. 

"Do you want to leave your mark on them?" They asked and I tried my hardest not to look back but couldn't help. Turning my head slightly, I watched my mates endless screaming but couldn't hear a word. 

"Yeah, I think it would make them more upset if I took it," I tell Rowan and they nod with understanding. 

"Come, we have work to do my friend and I want you to tell me all about Remy," Rowan pleads and I laugh. Walking down the beach just a little bit more before pausing. 

Looking out to the beautiful Kailea sky from this side one last time before joining Rowan on the other. 

********************************

Send help, I can't stop crying 

RIP Noah Lukas Kailea