Chapter Forty Eight-Whenever, Wherever

"Whenever, wherever
We're meant to be together
I'll be there and you'll be near
And that's the deal my dear
Thereover, hereunder
You'll never have to wonder
We can always play by ear
But that's the deal my dear"
-Shakira

"Whenever, whereverWe're meant to be togetherI'll be there and you'll be nearAnd that's the deal my dearThereover, hereunderYou'll never have to wonderWe can always play by earBut that's the deal my dear"-Shakira

————
The sun hit my eyelids, making me twist away and groan. I heard a chuckle and cracked my eyes open, spotting Alec who was dressed in jeans, a black shirt and black leather jacket.
"What time is it?" I asked quietly, closing my eyes again.
"Nine. Are you gonna come get breakfast?" Alec asked, his footsteps coming closer to my side of the bed.
I grunted in response, my eyes opening when Alec's lips pressed against my hair. Twisting back towards the light, and Alec, I opened my eyes to see him at eye level with the bed on the floor smiling in amusement.
"Why're you up so early?" I questioned.
"It's not really early for us. I let you sleep in a little" Alec shrugged as I smiled lightly.
He was right, we were usually up by eight at the latest. After last nights events, I didn't realise how tired I was.

After shaking the sleep off, I got up and changed into a black shirt and blue jeans. Brushing my hair, Alec watched from the bed. I could tell he was slightly worried from the injuries still.
"How're you feeling?" He asked, confirming my thoughts.
"I'm fine. A little achy but I'm gonna ask Izzy to change the bandages and draw an iratze after breakfast" I shrugged, putting the brush down.
Since Izzy was my parabatai, runes were stronger that we drew on each other. We often drew runes before going on missions for each other, like Jace and Alec did for each other.
"Just be careful, please" he asked with worry clear in his eyes.
Picking my jacket up, I slipped in on and met his eyes.
"It'll heal in a day or two, don't worry" I dismissed.

I grabbed my lipstick off the bedside table, applying it as Alec bit his lip nervously. I only know noticed how much of my things were in his room. I spent pretty much every night here, I honestly couldn't remember the last time I didn't.
Alec's arms wrapped around my waist from behind as I looked into his eyes in the mirror.
"I love you" he whispered softly against my neck, i almost didn't catch it.
"I love you too" I responded, resting my head against his shoulder.
"Selena, why don't you move into here. I mean, you're in here most nights anyway" Alec said,his arms tightening against my stomach.
"Is that allowed?" I asked.
"I'm head...at least for the time being" he shrugged.
"One, stop talking like that. Be optimistic for once in your life. Two, I'll move in here"  I listed as he smiled, nudging me chin towards him and connecting our lips.

****
We stood at the table after Izzy changed my bandages, myself, Alec, Izzy and Brendon as Clary and Jace walking over. Most of the bandages were off now, mainly just a thin layer over the injuries on my arms. The one across my chest had closed to a line which would probably disappear over night.
"Any word from Magnus and Luke?" The redhead asked as Izzy finished drawing the iratze on my arm.
"No. With Valentine free, the downworld cabinet has been hosting secluded meetings at the seelie court" Alec explained, focusing on the glass table in front of us.
"That's not good" Jace remarked.
"You think anything good comes from the seelie court?" Clary snarked, clearly the memories of kissing Jace running through her head.
To me, they looked to at least be on speaking terms.
"Have you heard anything from Magnus?" I asked Brendon who was stood beside me.
From his unusual quietness and rather heartbroken expression, I was assuming no.
"We're going through a rough patch" he remarked solemnly as I rubbed his arm in a comforting way.