Chapter Thirty Nine-A Thousand Years

"Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything, take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath, every hour has come to this
One step closer
I have died everyday, waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more"
-Christina Perri

"Time stands stillBeauty in all she isI will be braveI will not let anything, take awayWhat's standing in front of meEvery breath, every hour has come to thisOne step closerI have died everyday, waiting for youDarling, don't be afraid, I have love...

—————————
"Damn vampire" Jace hissed silently as I smirked.
"Come on, they're a thing" I said, nudging him with my elbow as we waited in the jade wolf.
After the party last night, Iris made a blood oath for Clary to find Madzie. Now the oath was spreading up her arm to her heart, and if she didn't find Madzie then...she would die.
"I know. I'm her...brother" Jace cursed quietly.
"It could be worse" I shrugged.
"How so, pray tell?" The blonde asked, looking at me with inquisitive eyes.
"Could've slept with her" I told him as he screwed his face up slightly.

We heard noises from outside, snarling and slashes. Without even turning to each other, we both took off. Outside, Clary was ready to swing a paddle at a wolf.
"Back off!" She yelled.
Hitting the wolf, it went tumbling behind some bins with a clutter.
"Nice form" Jace commented as we got to her.
"Yeah, well done" I complemented, quite impressed she got it over there.
"Five summers at Camp Winnipesaukee" she shrugged like we were suppose to know what that meant.
Focusing back on the noise, myself and Jace both brought out our weapons, his a seraph blade and my twin kindjals.
"Show yourself!" Jace called.
Behind the bin, the werewolf transformed into Maia, one of Luke's pack that I hadn't really talked to.

After getting Luke, we handcuffed Maia to an old machine board so she didn't try to attack any of us again. Although we had Luke, the alpha, so I think we're fine anyway.
"What the hell were you thinking?" Like snarled, clearly not happy one of his pack tried to rip apart someone apart he considers a daughter.
"I know about the Soul-Sword. I was there at the party. I heard everything. If Clary touches it, we're all dead!" Maia shouted, clearly distraught.
"And what? You thought you were being some form of a vigilante?" I asked, annoyed at her self righteous demeanour.

Her eyes tore through me but it didn't faze me. I was brought up to respect downworlders, after how poorly my parents treat them in the circle they felt guilty, but it still didn't mean I felt threatened. She hadn't been turned that long, a couple of years. She hadn't been trained in anything but using her claws and teeth so I think I'll be fine.
"You think this is easy?," she asked as I shrugged, "Luke, you know me. You know I don't want to hurt anybody!" She said.
"Funny way of showing it" I mumbled as Jace shot me a look of amusement that nobody else picked up on.
"Really? That's not what it looked like" Simon defended his newly found girlfriend.
"One life versus millions. If killing Clary is the price of saving the entire Downworld, then I'm willing to pay it. She has to die" Maia said, sounding definite in her decision.
Like she had a choice.
"That's not your decision to make" Luke spat before turning and walking out.
"Try it again and I'll make a pretty rug out of your fur" I gritted through my teeth before leaving.