Mukti: Kitten?? Haww Nandini! Seriously?
Mukti teased Nandini as the others laughed while Cabir got up from his seat moving behind Nandini as he made standing ears on top of her head making Nandini swat him away as they all laughed out loud at it.

Manik: Okay Champ!! U have really taken up my interest now... So how was this "Kitten", as u call her?

Nandini: Ohh no no no... Not happening!
Nandini said turning towards Rishab with her eyes broad.
Nandini: Not a word Rishu...

Manik: Chill Nandini... I wanna know how my wife was during her school days, come on Champ, u say!

Rishab: Well as far as her natural attitude was concerned, she was pity much the same... Always studious, serious, introvert types, topper of her school every time, she was quite boring if u ask me (a slap from Nandini followed by laughs from all the side) I never actually got to spent long durations of time with Di coz ever since my birth she was always in boarding school. I was 4 when I first got to know that I had a sister as well, that too one who was 6 years elder than me. After that we met only during all her school holidays, the maximum being the summer vacations every year, which I really looked forward to. She loved me like no other elder sister, showering me with Love much more than my own mother. But then even from Mom, I have nothing to complain about, I was loved dearly by both Mom and Dad.

But for Di... Mom was truly terrible. And as I said, Di took everything Mom gave her without a word backward. Mom went from screaming, shouting, scolding, throwing stuff at Di, slaps right and left for things as small as waking up late... It was horrible. Of course, it never happened in front of me, but I always knew somehow. I knew it every time when Di used to hide her face from me, or just talk through her door and send me away. I just never knew the reason.

And Di could just never accept it, she came back in every few months with this belief that Mom would just change suddenly.

I still remember that last time when Di came home before going to London. It was the same time of the year, Christmas, Di was in 12th and she had 10 days or so off from school. And Cabir Bhaiya, if u think Navya Di's Mom is strict then it's good that u never saw Mom. It was just Di's second or third day back home when she got this call from one of her classmates at school, I don't know it was regarding some final project or something like that... I was sitting with Mom in the living room, and Mom was the one who received the call, believe me, the moment the guy took Di's name Mom simply banged the phone down. She was so furious as she walked towards Di's room, that I almost knew something bad was coming. I followed her immediately, to try and stop her but by the time I reached the room the door was already closed from within. I could hear Di's painful cries and I still shiver just at the thought of how loud the sound of her hits was. It just went on and on and on until finally Di's cries got over completely and Mom walked out of the room before locking it from outside. That door was never opened for the rest of the vacation until the last day when Mom told the servants to get Di ready as she had to leave. A few hours later, the servants loaded her stuff into the car as Di moved towards it slowly, hardly being able to walk from all the weakness, she had not left the room for more than a week, nothing to eat or drink, I don't even know what her condition was. She just hugged me a tight goodbye, with a soft whisper in my ears telling me to take care and also that she would never be coming back.

I wanted to ask her why, I wanted to convince her otherwise, but at the same time I was happy for her. I knew she had finally had her last blow and I just watched her walk away. 

The conversation that had started from a little joke had turned so serious that Mukti, the ever so tough one had tears flowing down her eyes. She wiped it off immediately before anyone would catch her and looked around to see Cabir too stopping his tears while Dhruv and Abhi were having somber looks as they still had their eyes fixed at Rishab who was clearly crying by now.