Part 6

The next day Manik reached office and straight walked towards Nandini's cabin but found it to be locked. Cabir found him there and asked,

Cabir: Manik Baba... What up dude?? What r i doing here in front of Nandu's cabin early morning.

Manik: Nothing yr.... I just wanted to talk to her about the invitation list and plus we were thinking to go and invite a few today itself...

Cabir: Ohh.... But Nandu msged me that she isn't coming to work today.

Manik looked up at him surprised and then asked,
Manik: But she never took any leave ever before??

Cabir made a suspicious face at him and then said,
Cabir: Manik... Why r u getting so worked up yr?? She said she isn't feeling well, after all she is a human.... Chill!!

Manik nodded at him slightly and then moved to his cabin stating some work. He entered his cabin and sat down again thinking about her.

Manik: Not well.... But she was absolutely fine last evening?? Is she trying to ignore me bcoz of all that happened last evening?? Should I call her?? But what if she is actually ill....

And the list went on and on... He was in so much of guilt for everything that happened the other day that she immediately left. He wanted to talk to her and at least apologize.

Soon he had to attend an important meeting and that was something which finally got his mind off her. The entire day went by with work until it was finally time to leave.

Manik had made up his mind to meet her and try not to get up with that topic until she was comfortable. He thought of calling her once but then decided against it and went for a safer option and typed up a msg for her,

" Hey..... I heard that u weren't well this morning, How r u now??? Wanna join me with the invites?"
Manik: Yes... I guess this is fine? Neither too professional, now too friendly, just the way she is....

He looked at it for a few seconds and then pressed the send button.

With that he started driving back home, hoping to get a reply from him. He reached home to find his parents sitting in the garden having their evening tea.

Manik: Hello oldies....

They heard his voice and turned around smiling at him.
Nyonika: Oldies... Well, call ur Dad that... I m still good enough to beat ur girlfriends.

Manik: Hmn... But for that I need to get girlfriends sweety. U know I m very much satisfied with the beautiful lady sitting in front of me.

Harsh: Hey.... Get ur eyes off her, she is mine!!
Harsh said slapped the back of his head.

Manik and Nyonika laughed out at him while Manik kissed her cheek especially to tease his father and replied.

Manik: U got to think again old man!!
Manik winked his Dad and sat along with the two.

Harsh: So... How was the day??

Manik: Just fine... Nothing special as such!!

Harsh: Then what is eating up ur head young man??

Manik smiled at him and shook his head.
Manik: Nothing Dad... I m fine...

Nyonika: U know u r not... Ur face clearly tells that ur mind is busy somewhere else. U seemed lost at breakfast too....

Manik: God.... Guys relax!! What am I like 10 year old kid that u r so worried? Chill... Its nothing!!

Nyonika sighed at it and then shook her head in denial.
Manik: Now I get it... U both were sitting here for a reason, waiting for me to come so that u could start ur interrogation. U know what, I m done here...