Don't touch me! ✨

Start from the beginning

Sam didn't sleep at all that night; his mind whirring. Colby had told him that they'd talk in the morning, but Sam was curious. As soon as the sun started to peak through the curtains, Sam got out of bed; had a shower and got dressed. He headed downstairs to get some breakfast, talked to Aaron for a bit; and when his roommate asked about his arm; Sam told him he'd fallen in the woods. Aaron had taken the lie; thankfully.
It was 10am when colby finally came downstairs, and the brunettes body tensed when he saw the blonde sitting at the counter on his phone. Sam smiled at him, but colby didn't return it.
"How's your arm?" Colby asked and Sam nodded.
"Sore, but okay."
Colby hummed, turning to open the fridge and bring out some leftover pizza from the night before.
"Eating healthy as always; I see," Sam smirked and a ghost of a smile danced on the youngers lips.
"Of course," colby joked back, before turning to walk back to the stairs.
"Wait-colby," Sam spoke abruptly. Colby turned around, looking at Sam expectantly.
"I-you said last night, that-you said we'd talk," Sam mumbled. Colbys body tensed again, as he nodded slowly.
"Uh-yeah. Just... be ready, at 12, okay. I'll take you somewhere- and explain everything, alright," colby decided.
Sam wanted to ask more; but colby was already walking back up the stairs. Sam sighed, turning his phone off and going to find a roommate he could pester until 12.

At half 12, Sam found himself back at the same forest he'd been at last night. Colby had driven him here. The brunette was beside him, not saying anything; just glancing around the trees as he walked. Sam wanted to ask, but he didn't. Suddenly, colby stopped walking, placing the bag on the floor. The brunette turned around and looked around the area; his eyes glancing at every inch of it.
"Colby-what are-"
"Right, Sam you have to listen to me," colby spoke sternly, pulling his jumper of and throwing it onto the floor. Sam blinked, as colby pulled his shirt of as well.
"Colby-"
"You have to promise me you won't freak out, okay," colby continued, yanking of his shoes, socks and jeans so he was standing there in his boxers.
"Colby-What the fuck are you doing-"
"Promise me!" Colby begged, and Sam could see the tears welling in his eyes.
"Y-your scaring me dude.." Sam whimpered slightly.
"Just- please... I'm still me, okay. I'm still colby, you're best friend.."
Sam went to ask more questions, but he was cut of by his best friends whole body convulsing...
Sam stared cluelessly as colby groaned, and the sudden snapping of bones caused him to jump back a few steps, and suddenly; in the blink of an eye, there was a wolf with glowing red eyes standing in the middle of the forest; not his best friend. Sam stepped back, colliding with a tree and scrambling to get behind it. The wolf-colby... had different fur than the wolf that attacked him last night; but Sam was still shaking. The creature started walking towards him, and Sam continued backing up.
"S-stay away!" Sam yelled, as the wolf continued to approach him. Sam turned around, ready to sprint out of there; when he remembered his best friends words from a few moments ago.
"Just- please... I'm still me, okay. I'm still colby, you're best friend.."
But as soon as Sam took another look at the wolf- the words were forgotten. It was reminding him too much of last night- the pain, the terror- his screams...
Sam ran. He sprinted towards the edge of the woods as quickly as he could. He glanced over his shoulder; and to his relief, that wolf-colby.. was not following him. When the blonde reached the car park, he ran past his friends red car; running towards the street and racing down the pavements. He ended up calling Corey to come and pick him up from outside some fast food place. When his friend asked what was wrong; Sam lied.
"I- I was shopping with c-colby. He wanted to look around some more- but.."
He didn't finish, he couldn't. But Corey nodded anyway, believing him.. thank god.

He didn't see Colby again until that evening, when he heard a knocking on the door.
"Who is it?" Sam asked.
"It's me."
Sam tensed.
"No. Stay out there... don't come in!" Sam yelled, standing to go and sit with his back to the door; just in case the brunette didn't listen
"Sam..."
"No! No I don't want to hear it! Just leave me alone!"
Silence. After a few moments, the blonde felt some weight pressing against the door, and it didn't take long to realise colby was sat down, mirroring his position on the other side of the door.
"I promise... I'd never hurt you," colby whispered, and Sam could tell he was crying.
"Don't lie to me," Sam spat, bringing his knees to his chest.
"Just.. we need to talk; Sam!" Colby tried again, but Sam wasn't having it.
"There's nothing to talk about! You showed me you're... thing- and that's it," Sam grumbled.
"No! No Sam that's not it!" Colby sighed.
Sam rubbed his eyes with the palms of his hands and groaned.
"I know what you are now-colby. And i think it's best for both of us if you just go away," Sam sighed.
"Sam! God dang it, don't you see. You got scratched by something.. a werewolf..."
Sam scoffed.
"So you have your own name and everything," Sam chuckled, but it wasn't a happy one. It was harsh and it stung colby as soon as it left the blondes lips.
"Just listen to me!" Colby snapped.
Sam jumped at the seriousness in his friends tone, and fell silent.
"It's infected you... Sammy."
Sam froze, his breath catching in his throat. His stomach churned; and Sam honestly thought he was going to be sick. Tears swelled in his eyes and he stared at the scratch on his arm. He was... he was a werewolf.... no. He couldn't be.
"Go away.." Sam whispered.
"Sam-"
"GO AWAY!" Sam screamed, banging his fist into the door as he exploded into sobs; tears falling down his cheeks. To his relief, he heard the brunette standing up and going into his own room. Sam pushed his face into his knees and continued to cry; his heart racing as he come to terms with what colby has just told him. He was a werewolf.

The next morning, Sam was eating his cereal at the counter. He felt sick; and the food tasted like ash in his mouth; but he ate it anyways. He was on edge, waiting to suddenly turn into a big brown wolf. He knew that probably wasn't how it worked; but in all honestly he didn't want to know. He never wanted to know.
"H-hey.."
Sam snapped his head up, eyes landing on colby, who was wavering at the bottom of the stairs. The brunettes eyes were bright red and he had bags under his eyes. It made sams heart clench; but the blonde ignored it. Sam stood up, walking to the stairs and attempting to shove
past colby; but the brunette grabbed his wrist.
"Sam.. please.."
"Don't touch me!" Sam yelled; pulling his wrist from Colbys grip. Colby looked down at the floor, shuffling his feet.
"Can we just... talk. Please?" Colby whispered, looking up at the blonde. The brunette had tears in his eyes; and Sam sighed. He nodded reluctantly, and Colbys face brightened slightly. They made their way to the gaming room, and they sat on the sofa next to each other.
"I'm so sorry, Sam.." colby began softly.
"You didn't do this," Sam sighed; nodding towards his scratched arm.
"No... no but- I mean.. I'm sorry about everything. I didn't want you to ever have to find out like this.. I didn't want you to find out at all.." colby whispered, his voice breaking in places as a few tears rolled down his cheeks.
"When did this happen to you?" Sam asked.
"When we lived in Kansas. I didn't know what to do... I was scared to tell anyone... and I'm sorry- I should have told you but.. well you know how scary it is.." colby sighed. Sam nodded.
"I'm sorry I was so harsh... to you." Sam muttered.
"You had every reason to be," colby told him.
"No, I didn't. You tried to help me, and I freaked. I was just scared... I mean... my best friend was a wolf.." Sam muttered.
Colby chuckled slightly, wiping his eyes. He shuffled a little closer to Sam, laying a hand on top of his.
"I'll help you.. with everything," colby promised.
"It's not so bad, when you're used to it.."
Colby smiled reassuringly. Sam nodded, and gave the brunettes hand a squeeze back.
"Yeah... yeah. Thanks," Sam muttered. Colby interlaced their fingers, bringing them up and kissing the back of Sams hand gently... so gently. Sam smiled, eyes diving into Colbys.
"You're not on your own, Sammy."
"I promise."

Tried something a little different 🤷‍♀️ this is probably complete garbage cos idk how werewolves work lol 😂
I hope everyone's doing okay in quarantine! The fact that things are slowly getting better and lockdown might start to be slowly weakened (in the uk atleast) is such a huge relief :))
Stay safe everyone! 🤍🦋