Storms ✨

{Sam's apartment}

{Sam's POV}

I shook violently, heart pounding in my chest. I gripped the sheets in my fists, my breaths deep and heavy. Another loud rumble from the sky outside caused a sob to pass my lips, and my eyes screwed up as the whole room lit up quickly before plummeting into darkness again. I'd always hated thunder storms. They were loud and terrifying, the scary noises and bright flashes of lightening had never been appealing to me. So here I was, 3am in the morning, shivering in fear. I had tried blasting music into my ears through headphones to block out the noise but nothing was working. I continued to let whimpers pass my lips as yet more loud thunder filled my ears. After about 15 more minutes of sitting on my bed, frozen in fear, I finally decided enough was enough. I stood up on shaky legs, hugging my hoodie closer to my body when lightening lit the room up causing me to jump. I hurried out of my bedroom and into my kitchen. I grabbed a key from the rack, that key being a spare key to the apartment next door. The apartment of my best friend, Colby Brock. I was scared, and I needed comfort. And I knew for a fact that Colby gave the best hugs. Hands shaking, I opened my door and walked out, shaking violently when I heard another clap of thunder. I rushed to Colby's door, my unsteady hands unlocking it as fast as I could. I stepped inside, shutting the door behind me and quietly putting the keys on the table. I slowly made my way into Colby's room, smiling to myself when I saw him, fast asleep and snuggled up in all his blankets. My smile soon faltered though, as lightening lit up the room. I scooted over to Colby's sleeping figure, and laid my hand on his shoulder, shaking him gently. But when thunder clashed outside and made me whimper, i shook colby much more violently. He finally opened his eyes, and I watched as concern plastered over his face as he saw my current state. He took my hand that was on his shoulder, lacing our fingers together. "Sam? Sam what's wrong?" He asked, causing my eyes to fill with tears. Suddenly, the loudest crash of thunder I had ever ever heard sounded outside, causing me to jump and let my tears spill over. Realisation hit Colby as he looked at me with sympathetic eyes. "Are you scared of the storm?" He asked as gently as he could. I nodded sheepishly, only getting a soft smile from Colby in return which was helping me relax just a little. "C-can I s- stay h-here tonight?"
I asked nervously. Colby just smiled at me, opening his arms out to me.
"Come here," he said gently. I climbed onto the bed and collapsed into his arms, laying my head on his strong chest as he led us down.
"You don't need to be scared Sam. We're safe inside," colby reassured me. I nodded, even though I didn't fully believe him. Yet another clap of thunder sounded causing me to whimper and bury my head in Colby's chest. He shushed me softly, running his hand up and down my back, the friction soothing me massively. I shut my eyes, exhaling deeply, finally able to get some sleep in Colby's arms feeling safe and protected. "Go ahead and sleep Sammy. You need it," he smiled. I blushed madly when his soft lips pressed against my forehead. I snuggled closer to his warm body, finally allowing sleep to consume me.

Thunder storms 🌩 Ewwwwww I hate them. I wish they didn't exist 😂 Hope you enjoyed 💚