Chapter 11 : Fading

Summer went by just like that. 

I was so focused on redeeming my old self and actually trying to go back to the lonesome wolf inside of me, yet somehow I'm missing his voice. 

It's rainy season again. 

Our first day of school was a total blast. It was pouring down like we're inside a shower room trying to get soaked. 

My mom gave me a ride at school. Of course I was nervous as hell. It's the first time I'll be seeing Jess and Anderson again. Tiffany will come often to our house for breakfast and we'll watch gossip girls together. It was fun but, we kinda miss Jesse. 

"Allie!! I'm here!" Tiff hurriedly open her umbrella when I came out of my mom's car. Then we both went to our classroom. 

The same people are there. No surprise to that. Jesse was there too. 

"Jess! You mister is in trouble." Tiff was giving him the Where've-you-been-all-summer look and then gave him a coffee. 

"I miss you too Tiff." Jesse said, while taking a glance at me. 

"So.. you two aren't really talking huh." Tiff broke the rising awkwardness then Miss Valentine came. 

"Rainy morning to all of you. I'm gonna start calling everyone in my list so please be seated." I was so focus on how I'm gonna talk to Anderson and Jesse after class while Miss Valentine called everyone for attendance. Then a student came asking,

"Miss Valentine, isn't Kyle gonna be in this class?" It was some girl, I think her name is Margoth? I bet she has a crush on Anderson as all girls in our grade does. 

"I'm sorry class but Mr. Anderson's case is classified information. Now let's start this new semester by reading a classic novel.." 

I can't focus at all. What happened to him? It was the same at that time when I heard our teachers saying he's moving, although right now it really seems like he won't be back for good. How am I supposed to tell him what I feel? What's the point of having all those preparations during summer? Is this it? Is he never coming back and leaving me like I'm floating out nowhere? I have to know. 

After class me and Jesse finally had the chance to talk. 

Tiffany was just around the area while we're talking. 

It was too difficult to talk to Jesse. He was one of my best friend but right now he seems so distant and unusual. There was never a dull moment with him except right now. 

"My mom was always asking if you, me and Tiffany are fighting during the summer.." Jesse finally talked and I started to feel relieved. 

"How come?" I asked. 

"It's the first summer I'm not going out, she said. She felt like I'm drifting a little too different so maybe you and Tiffany kinda tossed me out of the group. Haha." 

He laughed! It was warm. It was too genuine. He's being kind to me right now. 

"Then I said it's because I told you that I like you.. And she just sat down and gave me a hug.. She said 'Oh.. my son finally said it' like she knew all along." 

Even Jesse's mom knew. It was hard to hear that but I'm really glad he's talking honestly with me. 

"I'm sorry Jess.." That's all I could say? After all the 'thinking stuff' during summer that's all? I was being unfair to him. 

"Don't be. I like you for being you. Like I said, I was thinking during summer. It was like 2 options; Win you by chance or Lose you by Default?" He started to look me in the eyes.