Chapter 8 : The Rising

It's been a week since summer break started. Tomorrow's the trip thing that I agreed coming with Jesse and Tiff. There's actually no happening this past few days and all my life this is the 2nd time I felt boredom. Well the first was with my dad actually. Cause when I was a child, everyday I woke up I had to wait for his return from the market just to ask him to play with me in our front yard. 

There were days I would wait for my dad by the window and fell asleep again and woke up with daffodils in my hand. By that time I knew he's just waiting in our front porch, painting. I think that's the best thing I know about him. He paints, dances me after his beautiful art come to life. I miss my dad. 

"Al, I'll be going out. Be back in an hour I guess. I need to check something in the office." My mom went out dragging her bag along, not much make up cause I think she's in a hurry. 

"Sure. Where's Aunt Lucy and Uncle Phil?" I ask while pouring some milk in my thin glass thinking how should tomorrow would be like. 

"They've been busy I think? Well, I don't know much but I think Phil's wanting to have their own business.. Okay sweetie, I need to go now, bye." She kissed me goodbye and finally closed the door. I'm alone in this house again. What should I do?

I thought of going out and visiting Tiff since I haven't been in their house lately. Also, I miss crunch. Tiff's cute little puppy. But, I don't have the energy to go out like I needed 70% of it and right now I only have 60%.

I was on my way up to my bedroom when I accidentally peaked out the window and saw Anderson walking by the neighborhood. What's he doing here?

My feet suddenly ran off the house like I'm chasing something and I caught myself standing behind him regretting why I ever walk out the house. 

When I was about to realize what I was doing, slowly I turn around and I was leaving, returning to our house, he saw me. 

"Al! Hi!" He's smiling brightly again, not one tan lines in his body, meaning he hasn't been in the road lately. The fresh air he breathes gives me enough reason to inhale it back. Then I snap. 

"Oh. You see, this is my neighborhood so.. I was just.. well.."

He's looking at me with those blazing eyes, as high as the sun right now. I looked at him then I realize this guy's so tall that he can block the sun away in my eyes. 

"I was just taking a jog.." I ran out of excuses and this was the only thing I could think of. And I really think this is stupid. 

"In your jammies? haha! This is definitely a scene again." He laughed so hard and so I found out that I haven't changed my clothes yet. That I was in my purple pink jammies. What's with my body really? Why did I ran out the moment I saw him?

"Okay fine. Laugh all you can. I'm going home." I walked out remembering that I was really out of my mind and out of control. 

"Wait Al! I was just gonna go somewhere, do you mind coming?" His burning eyes turned to ice in a second. His face seemed so sad. The whole time I was changing my clothes, I wondered why. That kind of face made me want to go with him.

I went out the door, I saw his manly back again, never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine this guy waiting for me in our front yard, as if we're going to the prom or something. My heart just race the minute I saw him looked back and glance at me saying "Let's go?" God, what's happening inside me.

As we walk down the area, the feeling I get was like in those movies my mom would watch a hundred times. There's this boy and girl walking down the road like in slow motion as if the night would never end. But those romantic movies doesn't actually suit us, I mean we're not even friends, but we're not completely a stranger to each other I guess.