CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT PART TWO

I am a terrible friend. I haven't called Ellie back yet so I do just that . I open the hotel room and walk in. It's cleaned up and quiet. My eyes land on a note on the coffee table.

"Morning hun(It's midday though) I need to go pick up the rest of my stuff from the house. Didn't want to bother you so I didn't text, I'll call you later xoxo. Fun night."

I smile at the note. I dial Ellie's number and she picks up fast.

"I know you're having a shi t day , it's all over the news but I need your help." She's freaking out. Ellie doesn't freak.

"Name it."

"Come over. Now. " I change my peach skirt for jeans and I'm out the door. I get to her place and she's standing outside pacing.

"Thank God.We need to go to the store."

"What is going on?" 

"I might be pregers." 

"Whoa."

"Yeah , lets go." she says grabbing my hand. We walk to the nearest store and pick up four tests for her. We enter her house and she locks the door behind her. I have six hours before Christian gets home. Let's do this."

She gives me a box of orange juice and I raise my brow,"I'm not pregnant Eel."

"We are besties. You do this with me. You might just be an auntie and .. we do everything together."

"But I'm not pregnant. You do it."

"Remember the time I jumped infront of a car for you?"

"That's never happened Ellie."

"But I would. I need moral support."

I take the juice from her hand and give her a sarcastic smile. She brings out another box from the fridge and smiles,"Bottoms up" she says cheerily and I huff. Half an hour later I'm on the toilet and she's in the bathtub. The little freak wants them at the same time. She's wasting my time.

We pee on the sticks and set them on the dressing table.I take mine and put it in the bathroom away from hers so we don't mix them up. And just like that she starts talking about the weather. She's an odd one.

The timer sounds and I bring mine with me ,she picks hers up and we smile at each other before bursting into laughter.When we've calmed down I sigh."Ready?" I ask and she nods. We unfold our hands and both are negative. I breathe easy and she jumps up in joy.

"Don't get me wrong, I love Christian but the thought of having babies right now scares the sh it out of me. I mean look at how I turned out and I had proper parents."

 We sit on her bed and talk, I fill her in on all things Andre and she listens telling me I made the right decision. I agree. She has two more hours beofre Christian gets home so I opt to leave and giver space so she can get ready for him. She says her results call for a celebration.

"Let me help you clean up" I say and we remake her bed and fix up the room.I pick up the used tests and freeze."Ellie, you're pregnant." I blurt out and she chuckles walking to me,"What are you talking about?" she asks and I lift the test to her eyes. "That's a plus sweetie"

"Fu ck! " she grabs it and frowns," How long did it say on the box?" 

I go pick up the box and bring it to her,"Ten minutes."

"No...... mine said five.I set the timer for five. Wait. Uh...... honey.... this... one's... pink"

"And ?"

"Mine had white sides and a pink middle. This, is yours"

"No its not?!" I grab it ."I had my period a few days ago."

She raises her hands. It's okay I still have the other two. She goes into her closet and brings them out."Here." she says handing me one and I rush into the bathroom.She's in no hurry to find out if its her. 

I pee on the thing and stay in there for the five minutes using my phone as a timer. I watch in sheer horror as the line turns into a plus. Of all the luck in the world mine is just epic. I'm sure somewhere right now Andre's just laughing at how he always wins.

"It's positive isn't it." I hear Ellie's voice say through the door after some time and I slump to the floor my head in my hands. 

"Yeah."

"At least you're sure your baby will be a supermodel , I mean with your 's and Andreas' face, that gene pool is just crazy right? And your only twenty three. You are going to be the hottest mum of all time I can already see it." 

She's trying to make me laugh and I smile. I crawl and open the door." It's funny how he always wins. Just today he told me its not over till he says so .Even when we're getting divorced huh." I marvel at the thought.  I get up and put my shoes on. 

"Well I'm going home to think about  my life choices. You and Christian have a great night." I say abruptly needing to process this news by myself.

"Whoa. You just found out you're having a baby with a man who has made your life hell. You should spend the night here, for my peace of mind Keira."

"No. I kinda just want to be alone right now, you know?" I ask. She seems against it but closes her mouth.

"Okay. Call me when you get home?" I nod and hug her she waits with me till my cab gets here and I leave her watching me outside her building. My mind is blank the whole way to the hotel until I get into my suite. I crawl up my bed and just lay there for an hour in silence and darkness.Still dressed and in my heels.

I realise I'm actually happy I'm having his baby. Crap, now I need to really get my life in order. I spend the night thinking of what the baby will look like. I'm hoping he or she looks exactly like their dad because Andre is just too pretty.And i'd love a reminder of his face.

I head into my closet and change into my pyjamas .I grab my bag from the floor and take out my phone. Fifty missed calls. From Andre . I click my tongue and crawl into bed my hand on my belly. I'm going to be a mom. I want to put my phone to charge but being in bed just makes me lazier and I fall asleep. I'll charge it in the morning I think to myself. I am going to be a mum and I love the idea of it.