You'll Make Sacrifices

Consider an athlete that would go through rigorous training almost everyday of the week to gain a certain competence, learn a trick, or break a record. Think also of a model that will hit the gym almost everyday of the week and let go of certain foods they would have normally enjoyed in order to maintain a certain figure.

There are certain things you will have to deprive yourself of to make way for greater achievements. No good thing comes easily. Alot of people with success stories made great sacrifices to be where they are now. Some of them weren't having fun when others were. During their days of sacrifice, they were probably laughed and jeered at, but in the end, they have success as their reward. You may choose not to devote your time to frivolities and gadding around, not because sometimes you don't feel like playing around and having extra fun, but because you have greater priorities. It is a great pathway to success if you can prioritize certain things over others.

A friend told me how a young man in her class did odd jobs to pay his way through school. He had only two T. Shirts and a pair of black trouser. Undoubtedly, he went through alot of discomfort, lack, pain in order to get an education. Perhaps he knew that that was the only way he could invest in his future. He knew that the whole suffering was going to be only for a short time — a temporary discomfort that will bring him greater comfort and reward. He graduated and was later employed in a college. Now, his story has changed and he was able to do that through hardwork and sacrifice.

Alot of people may not be ready to face ridicule or give up their pleasure and comfort for any course. They would rather live in the moment and forget about tomorrow.

If you're really keen on becoming someone great, sacrifice will and must be involved. You can rarely achieve that great goal without financial, physical, social, and even emotional sacrifice. For instance, there will be moments you'll have to deprive yourself of putting on the best clothes and shoes because you're trying to save up some money for something more important. There will be days you'll skip your dear sleep because you're trying to maybe read to pass an exam or to just take care of something. Days you would refuse to hang out with friends or attend parties because something more important is taking your time. Every great achievement has a price of which you must be willing to pay.

*******************************

"Nothing great was ever achieved without a personal sacrifice. You have to pay the price to realize your goals".

~ Lailah Gifty Akita ~