Set realistic goals

You need to know exactly where you're going and what plans you've got for the future. Planning towards the kind of future you desire helps you Channel your energy appropriately and helps you gain more control of the direction of your life.

Ralph Lauren was a Jewish kid who lived with his parents in a Small apartment, with Ralph sharing a room with his two brothers. Ralph's mother hoped he would become a rabbi, but from an early age, Lauren was drawn to fashion and entrepreneurship. He worked after school as a stock boy and sold handmade ties to his classmates in order to purchase stylish suits. Lauren attended Baruch college for two years, but then dropped out. After a stint in the army, he became a salesman for Brooks Brothers. They weren't interested in helping Lauren develop his own line of ties, so he then went to work for Beau Brumwell  neck wear which allowed him to design and sell his own 'polo' brand ties in their showroom. The ties became popular and other stores started carrying them. Lauren started designing women and men's wear, and of course, introduced his now very famous polo shirt. He soon had enough money to open his own store and develop his brand into an empire.

Today, Lauren has 35 boutiques across his country, has also expanded his brand to include home furnishings and cologne, and currently ranks as the 76th richest man in the America. Lauren knew all along that he had a big future in fashion and entrepreneurship. He never wasted his time in any other field or try to force himself to do other things. He set his goals and went right after it. When you talk about great 'polo', Ralph Lauren comes to mind. He's known across the globe.

Set goals that are in line with your interests and desire. Some people struggle with success because they're lost doing something they aren't supposed to be doing. Go where you know you belong and where the system will accept and favour someone like you. Get involved with things you love to do and that comes naturally to you. That's a sure way to attain success.

           *******************

"Your plan should include setting a realistic goal and doing a vigorous follow–up."

            ~Ngozi Honoreta ~