Chapter 18: Putting Two Together

Previously...

Images of felix flashed before his eyes. I cant bring him into any of this.

Im a monster.

Felix was stunned looking at Jason's disappearing figure. After Jason just said what he said he turned around and left towards the entrance of the school. 

He left Felix in a daze not understanding what just happened. Slowly Felix lifted his hand before placing them onto his lips which were not so long ago taken by his best friends.

His lips still had a tingling sensation on them. Like he is just eaten a pepper. The sweetest spiciest pepper ever.

He would have smiled but after seeing Jason leave the way he did he thought that he did something wrong.

Did it not feel the way he wanted it to?

Felix slowly turned back around before making his way to his classes, yet his mind couldn't stray away from the kiss.

he wondered whether it was just a one time thing or maybe Jason was actually showing his feelings through the kiss.

"You seem different today? Anything happen?" Rebecca signed as she looks at Felix.

Felix wanted to tell her but being gay wasn't the best thing in the world. There were many people in the world against it and it would have broken his heart if one of these people turned out to be his closest friend.

Felix quickly shook his head earning him a tilt of the head from Rebecca.  she knew that something Definity happened but didn't want to force Felix to say anything he didn't want to.

So, she left it.

Felix swiftly changed the subject, "So, how was your date?"

Rebecca giggled before she went on and on about her date. Felix was grateful that she trusted him with all her personal things it made him want to tell her about the kiss but he restrained himself. He needed to know what it meant first before telling anybody else.

The day went by as normal. Felix noticed that Jason didn't come back and he came to the conclusion that Jason simply left the premises to do what ? Felix had no idea.

He tried his best to not make it bother him. Jason was a big man and could clearly defend himself but that still didn't stop worry from creeping up into his chest.

FELIX: Jason, are you okay?

He texted his friend hoping for a reply but after minutes of waiting he knew that Jason wasn't going to answer.

Closing his phone and putting it back in his pocket safely he continued on his way home from school.

Felix was once again along at home, Felix got some of his work done, ate then headed to bed. His mother not being here wasn't anything new, but it was weird and a little bit scary being alone all the time at home.

There was no sound and it made him think that something was hiding in the corners of his bedroom. The shadows of the room always got him shaking in fear.

Normally he'd just call Jason to keep him some company but now their relationship was confusing and rocky he didn't know who to confide in.

he decided to man up like his mother taught him to and headed to bed.

After closing his eyes for half an hour Felix concluded that it wasn't working out.

He just couldn't fall asleep. At first he was thinking about the kiss but then another thought came to mind.

Rebecca's date.

He was told that his name was Thomas. Felix felt deep in his heart that he's Definitely seem him before. He sat up in his bed desperately raking his brain for the answer. Then it hit him.

The images played out before his eyes as dot among dots connected to form the entire picture.

The murder.

The murder who killed the man on the alley way.

Felix was adamant that that was Thomas.

He recognised his frame and even more, his voice but what scared him even more was his voice. That wasn't the only time that he heard the voice. The other him he heard the voice was when he was with Jason.

When he was with Jason in the car on the way to the amusement park. He overheard Jason's phone call and now that he had time to recollect all his thoughts and events that happened the past days he noticed how the voices were the same.

That is why I recognised it. Felix thought.

All the information that Felix was realising began to give him and headache. He sank further into his bed as he came to the final conclusion.

This means.... the man in the car.

His heart was beating so loud he could hear it in his head.

That man was Jason.

He said to himself finally.

He always thought it was a possibility but now it was coming out of his mouth he noticed there was no going back.

This meant that Jason was somehow involved in the murder. All the rumours about his dads' company. They must be true.

Felix's eyes were wide open.

All this time he hung around this boy not having the slightest doubt that he wasn't the best person in the world. A god sent.

But now he did not know what to think. He touched his lips again remembering the kiss.

this man.

Kissed me he thought.

The words Jason uttered repeated itself in his mind over and over again. mine. Mine.

Felix's hand shot away from his lips and onto the bedside table looking for his phone.

He was praying hard for one thing.

He only needed this one thing to prove Jason's innocence. He gripped his phone which was seated on his bedside table. Looking through his recent messages.

First he clicked onto the one he had with Jason.

There was still no answer.

He got out of that chat going onto his chat with Max.

This was it. He opened up the chat to see nothing. Max didn't reply.

Felix paused.

Philip was right.