Forever

Two years later

"Oight, class. This is yer last dae af school, afterr this dae, you'll all be goin' ohn with yer lives. Doon't fock it up," Ms. Wilkinson says. I look over to Kathrine, who looks just as confused as me.

"After all this time, I've never understood a single thing she's said," Kath says, I nod in agreement. "So what are you gonna do when you graduate?"

I think for a moment. I think of my life, what I want to do, where I'll be. I need to make the right decision.

"Well, I'm going to get a job. I don't know what job, but I'll find that out later. I want to be with my boyfriend forever. I mean, I'm almost eighteen, I've still got the rest of my life left, and I want to spend every minute with him. What about you?" I ask her. She smiles.

"I'm going to become a publisher for the newspaper, so I'll be writing the stories the newsies will be hawking. I'll stay single forever. I like being independent, so I'll spend the rest of my life like that," she says. I nod.

"That sounds like a good life," I say, thinking about what I want to do, but I'm not entirely sure. I'll probably use some of the money I've made from being A.K. a couple years ago that I never used and have saved up to buy a nice place.

I work through the rest of the day, getting ready for the final graduation ceremony. All the newsies are going to be there, and I'll finally not have to go to school.

As the bell rings we walk down to the courtyard, where we're setting up the graduation. I take my seat in the front and wait for all the friends and families to come.

After about 20 minutes, the room is filled with people here to watch all of us graduate. And the principal gets up on stage and holds up her hand, quieting the room of people. I look behind me and see all of the newsies smiling at me.

"Hello, everyone! Today we are here to watch our friends and family move on to bigger and better things. School has shaped us to grow, thrive, learn, and now, these girls will put their knowledge to the test, and use it in the real world.
We will bring up each student today, handing them their award for graduating school, and then share some of their best qualities. Each one of these girls has worked hard, they have their good qualities, and their flaws, and today we shall award them for both. Now, where shall we start?" The principal asks herself, looking down at the notes in her hand. "Asleigh Clover."

She then calls up students, sharing some of their greatest strengths and accomplishments. There's only two people left, me and Sofie.

"Sofie Mccoll, please step up on the stage," the principal says, there's people clapping for her. Sofie does so and stands there with a smile. "Sofie Mccoll, the voice of fire. Never once have I seen her back down from a challenge. Always speaking her mind is sometimes not a good quality, but we all know that she will never stand being unhappy. Bravery is one word I'd use to describe her. I already know that she will go on and become one of the most powerful women in our country. Thank you so much, Sofie, for being a part of our community."

Sofie then takes her award and sits next to me.

"And last but most certainly not least, Ash Kelly," the principal says. I step up and even more people cheer for me. "I have never in my life met someone who has suffered as much as Ash and has pushed through it. So many people have broken down and failed, but Ash is strong. Persevered through thick and thin. Not to mention she used what she learned outside of school, to work hard in school. Ash has aced every class, even social readiness. As an orphan, ex newsie, and someone who has been kidnapped twice, she has made her way through life flawlessly. There is no doubt in my mind that Ash will go on to do creative, impressive, and wonderful. She has been, and always will be one of the most impressive part of this community. Thank you so much, Ash, for being the most brave and wonderful. No words can be used to describe your past and future accomplishments."